“Can't Imagine a Better Experience”
Review of Spring Creek Ranch

Spring Creek Ranch
Ranked #21 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I celebrated my birthday at Spring Creek Ranch with a group of friends, and can't imagine a more perfect setting or resort for this type of vacation. The resort itself is beautiful: expansive grounds in a gorgeous setting right next to the Tetons. Waking up to that view was magical. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and it was great to discover a microwave and washer/dryer in our suite. We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony and staring at the view, as well as using the fireplace in the front room.

I chose the resort by searching for "best destination spas," and was indeed pleased by the spa treatments we purchased. But we also enjoyed the free heated outdoor pool and the indoor hot tub. The restaurant was fabulous, both for breakfast and for dinner, and the servers couldn't have been more helpful in guiding us to the best of the local scene. The rooms were well-maintained, and although I never saw the housekeeping staff, they dealt well with a lot of trash the six of us created!

I can't say enough about the graciousness and helpfulness of the staff. The concierge, Jaimeson, made it her mission to make sure that everything I requested was done to the highest level. I had contacted her in advance to make spa and outing arrangements, so that was helpful. But the little touches made such a difference, and I really appreciated that. For example: every time I entered the lobby, she called me by name - where else can you experience that? Another special touch was that I ordered box lunches one day for a trip to the national park, and they came in insulated lunch bags which we were told we could keep.

I can't recommend Spring Creek Ranch enough: it's a lovely facility with accommodating and pleasant staff. I'd love to go back every year!

Just a few things to be aware of if you're going (not complaints at all - just a heads up). (1) It helps a lot to have a rental car. There is a shuttle to town, but the timing may not work for you. And it might be a long walk from your room to the restaurant. (2) If your bed is low to the ground, it's a Murphy bed. The non-Murphys are more comfortable. (3) Unless it's the height of summer, take a warm cover-up to wear from the pool back to your room (there were no robes in the room).

So go - enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank OleVirginian
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

I am so happy that everything worked out for your Birthday. What is so wonderful is that the staff knew it was a special occation and really came through. You and I spoke directly and I simply passed on the information. The staff truly enjoyed working with you and your friends.
Thank you for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Spring Creek Ranch

Reviewed 11 June 2010

I was very pleased with SCR. The views are superb from the restaurant and rooms. I thought the staff and accommodations were very good and made the stay very good. I would strongly recommend Spring Creek Ranch if it fits in your budget range. Only issues is that location is a few miles outside of Jackson. They offer a steady door to door shuttle service which is good but the time of operations are limited especially if you are looking to stay out late around town. You will need to take a cab back, which is pricey. SCR also had good food at the restaurant and amazing views with reasonable pricing but restaurant hours of operations could be better.. opens around 4pm, so lunch not an option.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank cuinsept
Reviewed 11 June 2010

In December 2009, my wife and I returned for the third time to Jackson, Wyoming. We had married there 20 years ago. We also returned to Jackson some years later. Each time we stayed at the Spring Creek Ranch.

Admittedly, this is not a "highfalutin'" kind of place. It is a "barn wood" kind of place. On this trip, we stayed in a condo unit, which afforded us more room. The place was well-decorated. There was a good size living area, with a vaulted ceiling and fireplace. The kitchen was adequate. The bathroom and bedroom were fair sized.

We were almost the only people staying there that week (the 2nd week) of December. It was brutally cold, which may have kept down the number of visitors (well, that and the economy).

The front desk was especially helpful to us, as we had to make many different plans, some of which were last minute.

The restaurant was a bit of a let-down, both in food and service. Once again, though, business was really off everywhere in Jackson, so I'm sure some cutbacks had been made.

My wife and I tried the spa. It was okay, but nothing memorable.

I'm a little hesitant in recommending the place now. There was nothing really wrong with it. I think the economy and poor travel has affected Spring Creek, like so many other places. Plus the weather didn't help.

Also for first time guests: It's a drive, up and down a windy twist road, to and from town. They have a shuttle, though.

Still, they have the best views.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2010

Decided to get away from it all and spent a couple of nights at the Spring Creek Ranch. We found everyone to be very friendly and helpful. The facility has beautiful veiws of the surrounding mountains and valleys.

Enjoyed some liesurely meals at the restaraunt and would recommend a table with a view.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2010

Thank you for your Kind words. all of us at Spring Creek ranch are proud of our product. Comments such as yours reinforce the efforts we all make to Exceed both our guest's' and employees' Spring Creek Ranch Experience.

The staff joins me in our sincere thanks for taking the time to write a review. We also look forward to welcoming you back to Jackson Hole and Spring Creek Ranch.

Reviewed 21 May 2010

With a backgrounf of 20 years being in the hotel/restaurant business. I have extremely highstandards as to where I not only eat, but also where I stay. With a profound familiarity of Jackson Hole for years, I must say that Spring Creek Ranch Resort truly comes out a winner in every respect: beautiful surroundings and ambiance, attentive staff that bends over backwards catering to guest needs, a genuine concern for guest satisfaction, restaurants offering first rate gourmet and haute cuisine dining with views of the Tetons second to none, everything plush and first rate, valet service that is impeccable, daily maid service that does a great job, a great naturalist experience offering various nature programs from Kurt Johnson & staff. and lastly, a place that overwhelms one into the Wow fctor-- meaning simply: Wow, this place goes above and beyond in every aspect from guest service to the overall beauty and ambiance of the property itself. I can fuly see why Spring Creek Ranch Resort is a winner in the Conde Nast Traveler categories for hotels and properties. Keep up the high standards! My great thanls to Steve Price, GM of Spring Creek Ranch Resort and his fine staff!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Jaztrbn14u

WOW & Thank you.
In our efforts to Exceed Expectations your comments have truly shown the staff that they do make a difference during one's stay with us. We try hard and thank you for rewarding the Team's work.
Thank you from all of us. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Jackson Hole and Spring Creek Ranch. Until then we wish you safe travels and good health.

Reviewed 26 April 2010

Our stay at Spring Creek Ranch was a very pleasurable one. The price was awesome for the amount of people that we had and the place had everything that you could possibly think of and more, even a washer and dryer! The place was quiet as we were there the weekend of the Hill Climb and is just on the edge of town so the drive into town was just a few minutes. This was the best sleep that I have had in a long time as the beds were very comfortable. The only thing is that we had a suite with a studio which was good but the kitchen/dining room area was a little cramped for us with a party of 9, but we did good because the bed was a wall bed so we did make the room that we needed. We will be staying here again if we need a place to stay in Jackson. Also the service was really good too.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2010

Thank you for your kind words. The staff and I are very proud of Spring Creek Ranch. I was particularly pleased to see your review and to share it with the staff. Thank you for staying with us.
The staff joins me in our hope that we can look forward to your return in the near future.

Stephne Price

Reviewed 7 March 2010

My wife and I have stayed at Spring Creek Ranch twice. The first time was on our honeymoon in August of 2008. Most recently we stayed the first week of March 2010. We could not have asked for anything more. The views are breathtaking and the service is second to none. Each room is extremely comfortable and romantic. The services that the ranch provides are incredible. Their team of naturalists provide the best tours of
Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Park. Any service that they don't provide, like rafting, they will book for you with the best company in the area. The scenery and wildlife of the ranch itself is amazing. The Granery, the restaurant on the ranch, literally has the best food I've eaten. We ended up eating there almost every meal because nothing in town matched the dining or scenery from the table. Even searching for problems we could find none. We will continue to return to Spring Creek Ranch and look forward to our next trip there.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. The staff and I are all proud of Spring Creek Ranch so comments like yours are greatly appreciated. Thank you for staying with us. The staff and I look forward to your return.

Stephen Price

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Snake River Lodge and Spa
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Hotel Jackson
Hotel Jackson
#3 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Spring Creek Ranch? Share your experiences!