“The best spot to stay in Jackson Hole”
Review of Spring Creek Ranch

Spring Creek Ranch
Ranked #22 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My husband and I just got back from a 3-night stay at Spring Creek Ranch. After searching through reviews on dozens of Jackson Hole hotels, I'm so glad I went with Spring Creek. The views of the mountains from both our room and from the Granary restaurant are simply as spectacular as it gets. The staff bent over backwards to take care of us and really helped us out when another local agency that we had booked a tour with forgot to pick us up for our tour! The Spring Creek staff gave us a complimentary dinner at the Granary restaurant so our night wouldn't be completely ruined. it was very kind of them and our dinner was absolutely delicious. Spring Creek is only about 10 minutes outside of town but they provide a free shuttle every couple of hours into town all day long for guests. I saw so many other hotels while I was in Jackson Hole and each time I thought how grateful I was that I chose Spring Creek. You get the exact same view as people staying at the Amangani but at a much, much better price. Lots of people have complained about the interior of the rooms on here but the bottomline is that you barely notice the rooms (which really aren't bad at all) because you've got unparalleled views. I highly recommend eating at the Granary for both breakfast and dinner so you can see the mountains in the morning and at night. It's too amazing to miss. When we return to Jackson Hole we'll definitely be staying at Spring Creek again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jayden4

Reviewed 5 August 2010

If you are looking for gradiose views in an out-of-the-fray locale, this is a good choice. However, once you step inside the room, you may be disappointed (we were). Beds were hard and uncomfortable, bedding was cheap (thin, worn sheets; comforter weighed 5 pounds at least), and the lighting in the room was definitely not conducive to reading. I had to hold my book under the lamp (literally) in order to read in the evening. It is a calm, peaceful area and a great escape from the chaos that is Jackson Hole in the summer. We are definitely planning another visit to the area--how can you resist the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone?-- but we will not stay at Spring Creek again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2010

My husband and I went here with another couple for our bi-annual getaway. Our two bedroom "condo" was very comfortable and plenty of space for us all to spread out and enjoy. For the money, I would have expected slightly better furniture (sofa uncomfortable and tv older and small), but everything was in working order. The kitchen came in handy for early morning breakfasts and snacks. The Murphy beds were very uncomfortable, but after all the activities we did during the day- didn't keep us from sleeping!

We enjoyed the drive from Jackson to the ranch, and appreciated being "out of the way." Views were incredible and everyone was very helpful. The onsite dining was the best we had in Jackson (went out loads of other places as we were there more than a week).

One thing we cannot say enough about is the Naturalist program. We booked the naturalist (Karen) to take us to Yellowstone and it was the highlight of the trip. She was informative and friendly without being intrusive. I would recommend this "excursion" to everyone staying there... it was a long day (13 hours), but well worth it.

The concierge was great too. We emailed a list of things that we wanted to try and in no time at all had the items booked. They used a variety of external vendors who were all fantastic. Hot air ballooning, Snake River Float, horseback riding--- all fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2010

This hotel is amazing!!! We confirmed a two room suite. One room had a king bed (with fireplace). Second room had two twin beds (see pics) and both were connected by a Jack and Jill bathroom. The rooms were beautifully decorated, spacious, and each had their own flat screen tv.

If you have elderly people who have trouble with stairs, let them know. The front door to the suite opens up to a flight of stairs -- you walk up to get to the room (s). Each bedroom came equiped with extra bedding (fuffy comfortable duvets, extra pillows -- we were in heaven).

Rate also came with breakfast in The Grannery. Full service menu, delicious food and AMAZING view of the Tetons. This hotel is perfect for couples (very romantic) and families (plenty of open spaces for the kids to run around). There was a wedding party there when we were and I can not imagine a more picturesque place for a wedding.

My only complaint is that the front desk clerk had no idea of directionality in Jackson Hole. She sent us in the wrong direction more than once (one time resulting in missing a pre-paid chuckwagon dinner -- but she was able to get us a refund on this).

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

The Spring Creek Ranch is the place to stay if you want peace and quiet with a spectacular view of the Tetons and valley below. Also, The Granery restaurant has an excellent breakfast menu (smoked trout, eggs benedict, etc) and a happy hour from 5 to 7pm with a food and drink special and a good lounge food selection. Great after a long day outdoors.

The pool and gym are adequate - nothing special. The water in the outdoor hot tub was kept too hot. The rooms are good but not quite up to the standard you would expect at a hotel of this caliber: No air conditioning, an old tube TV and a rather small bathroom. However these minor details did not detract from the overall comfort since the temperature was mild for our stay and TV was not our priority. When it was a little warm we simply opened the sliding glass door. This property is located a few miles outside of town up a winding mountain road but still less than 10 minutes from town. This gives you the spectacular views and country atmosphere that you cant get at the in town hotels no matter what price you pay.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Approximate Price: $380 per Night
Room: Worth about $100
Very Basic, quite dated, needs a lot of renovation such as grouting of sinks and tubs, cleaning of brick on fireplace, washing walls, new sink (chipped). Strong smell of smoke from fireplace. Beds were the lowest grade but reasonably comfortable. Housecoats were excellent.

Breakfast Voucher: About $30
Excellent Breakfst a la Carte included.

Resort Fee: About $35
Not a great resort but some amenities such as pool for kids, hot tub (for kids), and horseback rides.

Accessto Excellent Restaurant and Lounge: About $10

View: About $205
Absolutely stunning views from all locations within the Resort. If this is a MUST then the Nightly Rate is quite reasonable.

It is hard to compare the fairness of the price without knowing the prices and quality in the rest of Jackson, so putting a price tag of $205 on the view may be a bit harsh since you probably pay about $75 per night premium just for bing in Jackson, so the view might only be $130 per night.

For us personally, we felt that the price was OK given the spectacular views, but the resort itself is just average and the rooms are sub average.

The restaurant on the grounds (the Granary) is absolutely excellent in all regards from service, to food quality and preparation , to presentation and value. It is truly a 5* Restaurant and the Lounge had a great Jazz ensemble and wonderful atmosphere - First Class!

This is basically a converted Condo Complex that is rented out by owners under the Management of Spring Creek Ranch, I suspect.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TimeforUsNow
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I celebrated my birthday at Spring Creek Ranch with a group of friends, and can't imagine a more perfect setting or resort for this type of vacation. The resort itself is beautiful: expansive grounds in a gorgeous setting right next to the Tetons. Waking up to that view was magical. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and it was great to discover a microwave and washer/dryer in our suite. We enjoyed sitting out on our balcony and staring at the view, as well as using the fireplace in the front room.

I chose the resort by searching for "best destination spas," and was indeed pleased by the spa treatments we purchased. But we also enjoyed the free heated outdoor pool and the indoor hot tub. The restaurant was fabulous, both for breakfast and for dinner, and the servers couldn't have been more helpful in guiding us to the best of the local scene. The rooms were well-maintained, and although I never saw the housekeeping staff, they dealt well with a lot of trash the six of us created!

I can't say enough about the graciousness and helpfulness of the staff. The concierge, Jaimeson, made it her mission to make sure that everything I requested was done to the highest level. I had contacted her in advance to make spa and outing arrangements, so that was helpful. But the little touches made such a difference, and I really appreciated that. For example: every time I entered the lobby, she called me by name - where else can you experience that? Another special touch was that I ordered box lunches one day for a trip to the national park, and they came in insulated lunch bags which we were told we could keep.

I can't recommend Spring Creek Ranch enough: it's a lovely facility with accommodating and pleasant staff. I'd love to go back every year!

Just a few things to be aware of if you're going (not complaints at all - just a heads up). (1) It helps a lot to have a rental car. There is a shuttle to town, but the timing may not work for you. And it might be a long walk from your room to the restaurant. (2) If your bed is low to the ground, it's a Murphy bed. The non-Murphys are more comfortable. (3) Unless it's the height of summer, take a warm cover-up to wear from the pool back to your room (there were no robes in the room).

So go - enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank OleVirginian
ownerGM, General Manager at Spring Creek Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2010

I am so happy that everything worked out for your Birthday. What is so wonderful is that the staff knew it was a special occation and really came through. You and I spoke directly and I simply passed on the information. The staff truly enjoyed working with you and your friends.
Thank you for staying with us.

Stephen Price