“Wandering Angler Snake River full day” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wandering Angler Day Tours

The Wandering Angler Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The Wandering Angler in Jackson Hole strives to be your best option for guided fly fishing adventures. Join the angling professionals at The Wandering Angler for a Half Day, Full Day or Multi Day trip through one of the great rivers that the Teton Mountain Range has to offer. With trips to accommodate all skill levels you are sure to find a trip that is perfect for you or your group.
Kentucky
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wandering Angler Snake River full day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I took the Snake river full day float trip in early September 2013. I have never taken a guided trip before and chose Wandering Angler to have a local guide from a small company. There are tons of guide services around Jackson, and a lot of big companies. Our guide was Andy. Also, since I was fishing on my own I convinced my wife to ride along. Andy did a great job, picked us up from the hotel in Jackson, stopped to get my fishing license and flies, and provided sandwiches for lunch.
Since I was fairly new to fly fishing, Andy helped me out with techniques for casting and mending the line to get the presentation of the fly down. Fishing was good, I caught 15 to 20 cutthroat, with 2 of them being around 15 to 16 inches. We both had a great time, I highly recommend Wandering Angler and Andy if you get a chance to fly fish the Snake River.

Visited September 2013

Waterloo, Iowa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Trip of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Where do I begin?.... After a lifetime of fishing the Midwest and Canada, I finally had the opportunity to fish the Snake River with Guide Andy Bergin. It was a day filled with great memories. Andy is the consummate guide who really knows his business. If you are a beginner fly fishermen, you couldn't ask for a more patient teacher. And you could tell he was enjoying himself, too. He's a master with a fly rod. Be sure to ask him to make a few casts! It is a pleasure to watch him repeatedly lay a fly right on the shoreline-in a brisk wind, no less. Andy generously shared his fishing knowledge and mixed it in with good conversation. Add in the breathtaking scenery and the catch of a beautiful male brook trout-who could ask for anything more? The highlight of my trip! Tom A. Waterloo, Iowa

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Thomas_Abbas
Scottsdale
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Experience of a lifetime!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

We booked our first Fly Fishing adventure with this company because of the great reviews. Our guide Andy suggested we fish the Green River because of some flooding issues on the Snake. So we began our journey early am and once we reached our destination we got a few land lessons to get some practice in.

Andy was the best guide! Patience is definitely a must have trait for teaching beginners like us and Andy shined like a star in this department. Plus he was incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about fishing. We enjoyed a amazing day, learning this fun sport and drifting along the beautiful river.
We both caught some beauties too! My husband landed a 19" Brown Trout and I made him so jealous when I outdid him by catching a 20" Rainbow:)

This experience inspired us so much that when we got home to the San Juan Islands, we immediately ordered all the Fly Fishing gear for both of us. This will be a lifetime sport for us and highly recommend the Wandering Angler for a fabulous experience.

Visited July 2013
Austin, Texas
“Great Fun, Great fishing, Fantastic scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I booked a half-day trip down the Snake River with Wandering Angler owner Marc at the last minute on a Saturday night for the next morning. He texted me a confirmation and his top guide, Andy Bergin, picked my wife and I up at the hotel Sunday morning. Easy breezy. Andy had us on the river and catching fish before other guides had even gotten to the water. Andy was engaging, informative on many subjects, a skilled casting instructor, and he put us on fish all morning. It was a great trip, because it was so well handled and the price was fair. Andy even kept us out an extra hour or so because we were all having so much fun and catching fish. I am a very picky consumer and I highly recommend The Wandering Angler and Guide Andy.

Visited August 2013
Oswego, Illinois, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the highlights of the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We were in Jackson Hole, the Tetons, and Yellowstone for a family trip. 4 of us decided to book a guided fly fishing trip as a fathers' day gift/birthday present for my Dad and a few of us fathers. I did some research and most of it led to Marc and the Wandering Angler. From the start, Marc's communication was great. He was prompt to return emails and even called me personally to discuss details one month in advance. All of us were experienced casting fishers but little fly experience. There were 4 of us so we were in two boats on the Green River, 2 with Marc and 2 with Andy. Both received excellent instruction and advice on fly fishing and we caught a lot of fish. Both Marc and Andy were very personable, knowledgable, and provided a great experience. I'd highly recommend the Wandering Angler and will book them again for our next trip out there.

Visited June 2013