Rawhide Motel
US$202
  • Pool
Cowboy Village Resort(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$289
Rusty Parrot Lodge and Spa(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$541
Parkway Inn(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$250
Snow King Resort(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$500
US$278
  • Pool
Elk Refuge Inn(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$422
The Lodge at Jackson Hole(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$652
US$453
The Wort Hotel(Jackson)(Great Value!)
US$677
Cancelon
Flat Creek Inn(Jackson)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 December 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in an upstairs room.

The Good:
- The location is only a short walk from the centre of Jackson.
- The room was a good size, and very clean.
- Free Wi-Fi, which worked well
- Compared to the prices of other accommodation in Jackson, you can't beat this for value for money

The 'Not So Good':
- As others have mentioned - your credit card is charged the day before you arrive (without any prior warning of this). When we arrived we wanted to pay on a different card to the one we'd booked with. Dinah never mentioned that we had already been charged, so we ended up paying extra currency fees etc (we are not from the US). If you are going to charge people before they arrive this should be clearly stated.
- The location does mean that the room was fairly noisy with trucks and traffic going past - woke us up a couple of times in the early morning (around 5am).
- Don't expect luxurious decor (but this was fine for our needs)
- The heating system was quite difficult to work out - we couldn't find any instructions

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sim0ne84
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Dinah Killian is the property manager for the motel and she was helpful from the moment we met her. She provided lots of information about the area and our first priority, where to eat. This is an older motel and is showing its age. Our room (#21) was on the second floor and while being a bit worn around the edges was very clean. The beds were comfortable and the shower while a bit temperamental was good once it was adjusted. All rooms face a street that was being used to funnel construction traffic so it was congested and noisy all day, but was surprisingly quiet at the end of the business day. The wifi worked well and once we mastered the quirks of the HVAC system we were happy with our stay. A fancy hotel it is not, but for the value and location it would be hard to beat. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: While you have to carry your luggage up some stairs, I think a second floor room is probably quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Davis K
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Can't beat the service, location or price in Jackson. $119 (AAA rate per 3 rooms) per night in September, similar in price to Motel 6 with bigger rooms and right in downtown one block from the square. Hotel is an older place but rooms were very nicely decorated and VERY CLEAN. We called ahead because we were arriving late and keys were left for us so we could just go to our rooms. We had a medical problem and asked were to go for a "walk in" doctor and the manager (owner??) gave us advise where to go. When we got back she asked if we were doing ok and was very nice. Super lady...Thanks if your reading this. Great place, if you don't need 5 star fancy you'll be happy.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Jeanne H
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I've always use Trip Advisor to decided where I will stay when on a road trip. I've never written a review but this little hide-away is worth the review. I love to stay in a Hampton Inn and rarely book anything different but this was a trip to Jackson Hole and I refused to pay the price for the Hampton. I am glad that I gave The Rawhide a chance.

The hotel was nice, clean and in a great location in town. True it is older with a small bathroom but the room was nice. The staff was very nice! I booked the room the night before arriving and they were kind enough to make a ground floor room available for me.

If I go back to Jackson I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank little m
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The hotel is basic and noisy. The view from my window was of an alley with dumpsters.
But the real catch is that the owner charges your credit card the day before you arrive, without informing you. So I had an unexpected credit card charge with no identifying information appear in my account. With no explanation, I was forced to assume the card had been scammed and cancelled it. (With all the resultant inconvenience that this causes.)
When I eventually discovered what had happened and expressed my concern to the manager, she was not remorseful of apologetic.
So, be warned and avoid this hotel. There are better choices in this price range in Jackson.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo