“Great Location”
Review of Rawhide Motel

Rawhide Motel
Ranked #34 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This little motel is perfectly located in walking distance to good restaurants, shops, and Starbucks. Dinah, the manager, is great, and can make really excellent recommendations for dining and whatnot. Both of the restaurants she pointed us to were outstanding. The rooms are not fancy, which explains why the prices are lower than a lot of places, but they are clean and comfortable. If you plan to spend a lot of time at your hotel or motel swimming or staying in your room, then you may want to pay for someplace a little more luxurious. But if you are planning to spend your time exploring Jackson and the nearby Grand Tetons and just need a clean place to spend the night, this is a great place.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 September 2014

This was the first stop my wife and I made whilst visiting some of the National Parks. We merely wanted a comfortable hotel for a few hours in between our long flight from the UK and moving on to Yellowstone. Jackson is in the fortunate position of being adjacent to two national parks and also is a winter skiing resort. As such, accomodation is in demand all year and hoteliers can demand high prices. The Rawhide is not going to be the best hotel you'll ever stay in but it is comfortable and clean and is well located. The traffic noise was more than expected but I would not hesitate to recommend this motel if you would prefer to pay a lower price than most of the competition.

Room Tip: Probably one further away from the crossroad to cut down on traffic noise.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

What a great location right downtown. This was a very nice affordable place to stay and we would return here for sure. Everything was within walking distance which was a big plus for us. We also loved the nostalgic atmosphere. The room was nice and clean. Friendly staff. A great value in a pricey town.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2014

We drove into Jackson Hole without a reservation and checked a couple of places before stopping here. It doesn't look like a lot from the outside, but reserved it as it was the best rate we had seen. I was pleasantly surprised upon entering the room. It was updated and clean. The furniture is that lodge-type décor and the cushions on the chairs are in need of replacement. Other than that minor detail, the rest of the room was good. The beds were comfortable, it had updated flat screen TV's and a fridge in the room. The bathroom is older, but clean and well-kept. For the price of this room in this pricey area, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lisa81812
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I reserved a kind size bed and when I arrived I was told all they had was a queen. I told that clerk that I reserved a king she said they are all gone. I asked her what good was it to make a reservation if I didn't get the room I paid for..no response. I got a room on the second floor in the corner. The bed sucked. No matter where you laid on the ben you rolled into the middle. Lesson learned, don't stay at a hotel where they don't hold your room with reservations and a confirmation number.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Jackson Hole is the place for the rich & famous, especially in winter. This doesen't mean that summer is low season, therefore accomodations are pricey, and often sold out year round. We stayed one night, from August 1.

We booked the Rawhide motel well in advance, and the rate was far beneath average in this area! The rooms are basic, but clean and we enjoyed our one night stay here. If you are on a budget, and plan a trip to Jackson Hole, this motel may be a good choice! ;-)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We were literally a block from the action! Deanna the property manager was wonderful! We walked to downtown, the park (at ground), ice cream, and of course the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar!!! Best best location to stay - would do again over and over again!

Stayed: August 2014