“Best Location!!!”

4 Winds
4 Winds
Ranked #31 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The room is decent. Good staff..... and most of all, BEST LOCATION (you can pretty much walk around downtown Jackson if you stay here) I would definitely recommend it!!! My rate is 3.5 to 4 (because it's a little bit pricey)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank toursaver

Reviewed 17 June 2013

First, everything in Jackson Hole is overpriced. It is the quintessential tourist town on the edge of one of the most popular national parks in the country. You pay for the convenience of its proximity. The Four Winds offers a clean, no frills room at a lower price than most anyone else in town, but that doesn't make it not overpriced. The cost is roughly $120 a night and the room doesn't include a refrigerator, microwave, iron and ironing board, nor is their a breakfast offered as so many hotels do these days. In any other town, this would be a $70 room tops. What you get for $120 is a clean, basic room with a comfortable bed. They offer WIFI, but don't count on it working very well. I had lots of problems with it and finally just gave up. I told the management and they said they would have their service provider look into it. The manager/owner was friendly and seemed to try and accommodate requests as best he could.

Room Tip: When I say poor value, its a relative statement. Compared to everything else in Jackson Hole its pr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 54Mercury
Reviewed 31 May 2013

I had a great stay, extended one extra day. Very clean and best price I found. Spent an extra day to see all the the desk clerk recommended. in town. We were able to walk most every place in town except the wildlife museum.

Room Tip: Call ahead to get a room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt L
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Horrible service to start! There were stains on the walls, garbage under the beds. The room was $130 a night in a $30 dollars room status. I asked for a refund after walking into my room and was denied. Location was good that's about it. I did not have a good experience. Better off at the motel 6. And that's were I stayed the remainder of my trip.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Curtdog208
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This is the motel I stay in when visiting Jackson Hole in the expensive summer months. It is an older motel but is well maintained by the owner, who is usually on site during business hours. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Pets and Smoking are prohibited and the rules are enforced.
The beds are adequate but the pillows are not very comfortable. Some of the fixtures are old but well maintained and clean. One of the window-mounted air conditioning units in one of the rooms we stayed in recently, worked well but was very noisy. I usually try to stay in the upper level as far away from the city street as possible to reduce guest and street noise.
I like this motel, the owner and staff. They always treat me well and charge fairly. It's located in the central part of town with the main town square a three minute walk away. If you insist on mints on your pillow, monogrammed bath robes, and all of the latest appliances and ammenities you may want to select a different place. I usually pay between $100-$130 per night at the 4 Winds.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top level and those farther from the street are usually quieter. No elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank C T
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We chose this motel because others said it was clean (it was) ... and it was cheaper (if you can call $160 a night cheap) than other places in the area. It is a very basic motel. The amenities are a coffee maker and a T.V., but that's just about it. It's a good location off the main road, and you can walk to downtown easily. It's also right across the street from a park. The management was friendly and helpful. Parking is tight. Don't get there too late, or you'll have to park in the street. Jackson is a high priced town. Where I live, this type of motel would cost around $60-$70. But ... it is a resort town at peak season ... what can you expect?

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank e5ers
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My wife and I had been camping in the Beartooths for about four days without a shower and had planned on camping in the Tetons. We couldn't find a campground with a shower, so we decided to head to Jackson. After a few phone calls, we ended up finding a room at the 4 Winds for a little over a hundred (which was pretty cheap for Jackson). I think we both took 30 minute showers before walking to dinner. We came back and slept great. The room was basic and clean and everything we really needed. The owner gave us some suggestions on local restaurants which turned out great. I'd definitely stay again if I was passing through.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple