“Great place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Pony Express Motel
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
“Great place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Stayed here over night, but would have been comfortable for a week. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Good location, nice pool and good laundry facilities. Cute little yard area with picnic tables and swing. Very close to stores and resturants.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Robinson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

When visiting Jackson during the peak summer season, I expected to pay well over $200 a night, but we found the Pony Express and lucked out to get a room for two nights in a row about 6 weeks before we traveled! It was clean, quiet and had everything we needed. We BBQued on their grills and swam in the pool while visiting the sights around Jackson. It was exactly what we expected except the price! We were pleasantly surprised by that!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank deeintexas
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

From the airport, you have to drive through the town of Jackson to get to the Pony Express, It's located at the intersection where you turn off to go to Teton Village. This intersection also has an Albertson grocery store, so is convenient if you plan to stay several days and buy your own food. The rooms come with a mini fridge and a microwave. The rooms are clean and while there is no hairdryer in the room, they will loan you one. The bed and bedding are very nice. It's definitely a "motel" dated from the 60s, but it's a good location for both the town of Jackson and the Teton Village area. It's a good value if you can't afford a nice hotel in Teton Village.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JC2
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Accommodation is expensive in Jackson, and taking this into account I think the Pony Express offers good value for this area.

The rooms were clean, comfortable and very well equipped. We had a full sized cooker and fridge, and plenty of crockery and cutlery. Although I washed dishes every day housekeeping very kindly put them all away for us. I also accidentally broke a wine glass but when I told Clint while checking out he dismissed my concerns with the words "don't worry, accidents happen"

The pool area was a particular favourite of ours at this motel. Comfortable pool furniture to relax, a clean pool just at the right temperature to be able to cool off, and such lovely cared for grounds.

There is a huge Albertson's supermarket just across the road, and when we arrived I walked across to stock up with bread, butter, cheese etc. so we were able to eat breakfast in our own kitchen. Rather nice to be able to sit at the breakfast bar eating toast in my dressing gown rather than having to go out to eat.

There is also a bar called Cutty's just a few minutes walk from the motel, very safe to cross the road as there is a pedestrian crossing. Here we ate very good pizza and Philly cheesesteaks sitting on the outside decking area, and also enjoyed a few beers sitting at the bar chatting to the very personable bar staff. This is a real bonus for the motel, especially for people with children who may not want to go into town, having somewhere to eat and drink so close to their front door.

I only have one issue, otherwise I would have given the Pony Express 5*, and that's the wi-fi. As we were on a road trip from the UK a wi-fi connection is a must as it allows us to easily keep in touch with friends and family (they like to know that we've safely travelled from one place to another) and the only time I could get any type of service in our room was very late at night (after midnight). I also went and tried sitting outside the office, and although I could get a signal, it wasn't real strong enough to be usable. Luckily we did manage to pick up someone's unsecured connection while in Cutty's Bar. However. that is my only complaint, and to some people it wouldn't matter anyway.

All in all we had a lovely stay and really enjoyed our time in the Pony Express

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie J
New Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

We found this to be a nice decent basic place to stay. Nice friendly staff. If you rather not be in the middle of everything, you'll value the location. We did not find outside traffic noise to be an issue (maybe because we had the air conditioner turned on?). The room was nice. The kitchen with full size fridge - a big plus. Bathroom was decent as well. The only thing missing was a closet. Instead there were some pegs on the wall. The only other somewhat bothersome thing was that there seemed to have been some kind of plastic covering over the mattress that made an otherwise comfortable bed somewhat less so. But overall, not a bad place to stay. We would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank woodchopper48
Ironton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I spent 4 days in July vacationing in Jackson, WY. It is a beautiful place. The morning air was crisp and the afternoon hot with no humidity. The sta yat the Pony Express was nice. I thought the pool was supposed to be heated but it wasn't. I had a queen bed that was comfortable and a full size furnished kitchen. The room lacked and iron and ironing board. The cable tv was good. House keeping was wonderful. They even did my dishes. I felt safe. Getting in and out of the place can be difficult because of traffic. I thought it was a little pricey but I suspect every place is. If I return to Jackson I will try a different place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sprunner1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

I took 7 days trip in GTNP & YSNP in early Jul, Pony Express is my choice in Jackson, I stayed 2 days for GTNP visit, then another night after YSNP trip, as I have to take my early flight from JacksonHole airport. We got warmly welcome, good room setup and upstair location as I required, also great staff's help to arrange the taxi for the early flight. The staff are nice and ready to help, my kid is happy with his stair bed, good sleep. Frankly speaking, it's much better than the high priced BestWest hotel in west Yellowstone.

Room Tip: If you have a big & heavy luggage, you'd better stay at the ground floor, no elavtor for the...