“Very Nice, Accomodating Folks”
Review of Pony Express Motel

Pony Express Motel
Ranked #19 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 29 May 2014

When we made our reservations, we forgot to request a bottom floor for my in-laws. After spending the first night in the two bedroom condo upstairs, we realized we really needed a downstairs room for the parents. Chris was very accommodating and worked out a deal for us to move them to a downstairs condo the same day. He is normally easy to find if you need him - always working around the pool or grounds, keeping them in excellent shape. These are nice folks - the rooms are very clean, the laundry facilities were clean and worked well, and we enjoyed our three night stay. They have a dog that is very gentle and sweet also - a nice touch of "hominess" if you will.
I wish I could remember the name of the young woman who may have been Chris' wife, but she was very helpful and sweet as well. Overall, a really good experience. I'd recommend the place to anyone else I knew going to Jackson. In addition, it is in a good, central, location to all that Jackson has to offer.

Room Tip: We only stayed in the two-bedroom condos, so did not see any of the other rooms. However, the condos...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet5797

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wonderful comfortable beds w/lovely linens, clean rooms; managers so friendly and accommodating. Excellent place to stay and being off-season the rate was very do-able.
Will definitely go back. Thanks Clint and Kristi. Carol E.

1  Thank Carol E
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed one evening b/c we had a flight to catch the next day. I just wish our cabin in the Grand Teton had been this wonderful!! The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and both the owner and his wife treated us great. I take it she wouldn't take any crap off any body, But she was very good to us. I loved the place! It was a VERY pleasant stay. The town of Jackson.... It's ok if you like to shop or you need a place to stay before or after your visit to the parks b/c of the Jackson Hole airport.

2  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 24 May 2014

@ $64+tax for a quick overnighter at this western-style motel, I expected thread-bare towels and thin bed linen. Well, blow me down! I was wrong. The queen-size bed was not only very comfortable but the bedding (down-filled comforter) & linen was of 1st-class quality. Honestly, I felt like I was staying at a five-star establishment. The bath towels were large and thick.

I did not experience unfriendly nor discriminatory staff. I found them to be very friendly and ready to assist.

This property is found at a very busy intersection and access to the property is a little tricky to navigate.

However, as I have stated in earlier reviews, I'll be back when I return to Jackson WY!

1  Thank FKAW
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Though located at a busy intersection, the Pony Express is really quite peaceful. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Minor confusion over our room assignment was resolved and we had a pleasant 3-night stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Phillytraveler60
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I have never stayed here, because they wouldn't allow me. I have a 9yr old seizure alert dog that was not welcomed here. I even stated to the person on the phone that by refusing service he was breaking the law. I got a simple response; "I know." Very rude on the phone as well. He said he would only accept a service animal if it was a seeing eye dog. I do not recommend this place. Discrimination is NOT okay with me.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Bryan P
PonyExpressJackson, General Manager at Pony Express Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

The good news is there are two sides to every story. This guest made an inquiry for a long term stay at our motel during the winter months. We do accept pets for anyone, there is however a $20 per night pet fee, he was unwilling to pay this fee. Also we ask that pet's are never left unattended at anytime, also unacceptable to this guest. We felt that or facility was not equipped to handle someone with a serious medical condition, especially for a long term stay. It is unfortunate he felt the need to run us through the coals, and never even stayed at The Pony. We always ask those reading reviews, to look at all of the comments. If this is done travelers will see that we are a great option for ANYONE visiting Jackson, Wyoming.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I have stayed in many of resort towns and Pony Express in Jackson Hole WY, has got to be one of my favorites. Everyone knows the town of Jackson is absolutely wonderful! I found a gem in the Pony Express Motel. First off the for the quality inside the room(plush), the price is more than reasonable. A real value! The bed was as comfortable as staying in a high end resort and the bathroom was high quality as well. You could tell they where very thoughtful when they put this place together.

I really felt at home staying there. The couple that runs the place where very friendly and actually got to know the guests. I really felt like their job was to make me feel comfortable while I stayed at their place. They told me that they would remember when I come back and I believe that to be true.

What a pleasant experience at the Pony Express. I highly recommend staying there!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends