We were on our last leg of our trip West, and had booked a room, nearly a year in advance, a room that included a full kitchen. Tired and exhausted, we checked into our room, around 3pm. Dinner that night had been prepared at a previous location and frozen, so all we had to do was pop it in the oven. I looked around our room, and realized that did not put us in the desired and booked room with a kitchen. I went back over to the office and spoke with the owner Christy, to find out that they do not guarantee rooms, unless you stay for more than 2 days. The owners husband told me that we were actually in a more expensive room, which would have been great, if I had a family (it included bunk beds). The owners allowed me to use their oven, which sort of resolved the problem, but it did not resolve our problem, no place to cook breakfast the next morning. I feel that it really wasn't my fault they overbooked rooms with kitchens. So upon returning home, I went back to the motel website, no where does it say, rooms tyoes are not guaranteed unless you book for more than 2 nights. It only states that AFTER you have PAID for the room, on the confirmation paperwork. Regardless, the room was acceptable and clean. Bed was too soft though. It was extremely noisy, as the person staying above seemed to be jumping up and down all night long. Amazingly, I am hearing impared, when I take my hearing aids out, I usually do not hear anything, but, I definately heard the person above us stomping - all night! Now, someone stomping has little to do with the accomodations, but I would say the walls are paper thin. The bathroom was tiny, but it had plenty of towels and toiletries - toilet paper, well...I don't mind changing the toilet paper roll if I was staying somewhere for several days, but I do not, when I am only staying one night! Overall, it was ok, but a huge disappointment for us. If I ever venture to Jackson again, we would be looking to spend our money eleswhere. Not having the kitchen blew it for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Pony Express Motel in beautiful Jackson Hole, WY! Stay with us and enjoy old west hospitality. We offer a friendly, down-home welcome and clean, comfortable rooms. Nothing fancy...just a price that's fair and square in a prime location just minutes from world-renowned attractions. We are committed to providing all of our guests with a warm and inviting atmosphere so you can relax and enjoy your stay in Jackson. We look forward to welcoming you. Have a safe trip...see you soon! PS: Ask about our weekly and monthly winter rates! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Pony Express Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pony Express Hotel Jackson
- Pony Express Motel Jackson Hole, Wyoming