“Delicious burgers”

Ranked #2 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Description: Thank you to all our wonderful guests - We are now closed for the "Off Season". We will re-open for the "Ski Season" Friday December 8th. Enjoy the beautiful fall. Bruce & Dawn
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were heading to Salt Lake from Grand Teton and we were very hungary so we decided to stop here and eat something. We orderd two different burger meals, however they looked similar. It was very tasty and the french fries was a big portion, I loved it. We ate the bigger 1/2 lb. burgers and it was perfect. Parking is super easy. We will definitely eat here again if we come back to Jackson.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Olci83,
Thank you for stopping in on your way to Salt Lake. We're (my wife, daughter and I) thrilled that you enjoyed our ground fresh (daily & locally) 100% Angus beef 1/2 pounder and the 1/4 pounder burgers with the fresh baked buns (daily & locally) and fresh cut fries (Idaho and sweet potatoes). We hope your trip to Salt Lake was safe and fun.
Please come visit us again.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stopped in on our last day on Jackson hole. The restaurant currently has quite a bit of road construction in front of it. We both had the 1/4 lb. burgers. They are served on specially made buns accompanied by cheese, lettuce, tomato and a slice of onion. The burger itself is Angus beef. This was the BEST burger I've ever had at a restaurant! Burger comes with hand cut fries and a special sauce. I was blown away!

molliecollie,
Thank you for stopping into MacPhail's in spite of the construction - only a month more and they will be done. We (my wife, daughter and I) are so happy that you enjoyed our fresh ground Angus beef burger, fresh baked bun and fresh cut fries. It warms our hearts to read how much you enjoyed it.
Please come visit us again when you are back inJackson.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were greeted like old friends upon arrival and the experience just got better! Delicious burgers, fries, and great choice of brews. Nice location outside the downtown area which made parking easy too. I'm getting hungry for a burger just thinking about it.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

southbaytravelers,
Wow - we(my wife, daughter and I) couldn't have asked for a better review - thank you!!
It warms our hearts when everything comes together for a guest (like you) - greeted genuinely, the burger meal (fresh ground Angus beef, fresh baked buns and fresh cut fries) is prepared to your liking and you found us off the town square (in spite of the construction).

Again, thank you for your kind words - it means the world to us.

Please come see us again when you are back in town.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Arrived just after 8 p.m. to find that the restaurant closed as 9 p.m. which is a bit early by UK standards.

The hamburgers were good quality and very filling. Good value for money.

I did ask for a sweet and out came some ice cream in a bowl for the same money has one of their more elaborate sweet dishes. Minor point but hey to.

Must say though that the waiter was very attentive - in fact too attentive when you just want to be left alone to get on with your food!! And he kept saying ABSOLUTELY which absolutely hacked us off by the end of our meal.

1  Thank panama_patti

panama_patti,
Thank you for visiting MacPhail's. We're so glad you chose us and that you enjoyed our burger (100% Angus beef ground fresh - daily and locally), fresh baked buns (daily & locally) and the fresh cut fries (Idaho & sweet potatoes).

We're very happy that you made it in before we close at night - in the fall, we call it the shoulder season, we close at 9:00pm not because we don't want to stay open but because there is little no traffic after 9:00pm. During the summer season where 3 million guests visit Jackson Hole we stay open later (10pm).

We're sorry that our overly attentive server (Steven) hacked you off. Sometimes his enthusiasm to please comes off wrong both in actions and words - But we (my wife, daughter and I) adore and appreciate him for his passion and commitment to our business. I did share with him your comments and believe me - no one felt worse than him. He was completely unaware of his behavior but a good feed back and learning for him - thank you.

Please come visit again when you back in the US.

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We visited McPhil's during a recent stay at Jackson. The food tasted good. Handmade fries, buns made from a local bakery and fresh ground meat. The burgers we had were the size of a small McDonald's hamburger for almost $9. Once we received our food, the waitress disappeared. No more drinks, no checks, no nothing. Several tables had to flag down another employee to help get our checks and pay. This is not the only post about poor service.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

kjswheels,
We so glad that you enjoyed our MacPhail's 100% certified Angus beef burger - the cattle are regionally ranged and grass feed - the burgers are fire grilled and placed on a toasted fresh baked bun (locally) - the burger meal also includes a healthy helping of fresh cut Idaho potatoes or sweet potato fries with a homemade dipping sauce, lettuce, tomato, red onion - your choice of cheeses (aged white cheddar, colby jack, swiss, blue cheese, provolone, american), bacon, sauteed - mushrooms, onions, peppers and half a deli pickle. We offer the burger meal in 1/4 and 1/2 pound patties for those who might want more or less to eat. We're sorry that you didn't experience the value versus McDonald's.
Fall is a wonderful and beautiful season - for us it means our staff completely turns over because the college and high school students are going back to school. We are in the mists of training an entirely new team - we (my wife, daughter and I) very specifically train our serving staff to greet our guests, serve them, follow up with addition needs throughout the meal and do what ever is asked to ensure a nice experience with MacPhail's - we're sorry that you did not have that experience.
When you are back in town, please try us again. One of us (my wife, daughter or myself) is always to there - we would love to meet you in person and ensure the your next experience with MacPhail's is nothing short of a 5 star rating.