“Good food & friendly service”
Review of MacPhail's Burgers

MacPhail's Burgers
Ranked #2 of 148 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Description: Established in 2011. MacPhail's...a family restaurant that serves the best burgers, fries and milk shakes (and a good, cold, locally-brewed beer) anywhere! Awarded America's 10 Most Delectable Burger Joints (TripAdvisor July 2015). Premium Angus beef(USDA Certified) fresh ground daily. Optimal burger bun custom baked to hold a juicy burger. Fries (Idaho's best & real sweet potatoes) fresh cut daily. We offer a clean, friendly environment that we hope makes you feel right at home. Visit after visit, the food is consistently delicious and the service impeccable. MacPhail's is a place we hope you'll want to tell all your friends about. Dine-In or Call For To-Go Orders 307-733-8744. Located at 399 West Broadway. Owner & operated.
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Great fresh ground beef burger and French fries, the sweet potato fries were my favorite. I especially enjoyed the 1/2 dill pickle that comes with the burger & fry meal. 1/3 pound 'small' burger was plenty to eat with the large serving of fries that comes with the meal. The two male waiters serving us were very friendly.

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Amy K,
Thank you for your nice feedback. We love that fact that you noticed that we serve a 1/2 pickle not a 1/4 - we believe that you need a big kosher deli dill pickle with a juicy fresh ground Angus burger.

We're also happy that you found our 1/3 of a pound burger both in Angus and Bison - we have tried very hard to supply our guests with the right size burger (1/2 or 1/3 pound) that meets their appetite needs and still delivers a delicious fresh ground Angus or Bison beef taste.

Thank you for coming in and please come visit us again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Great quality ingredients. Angus beef. Bison burgers. We enjoyed everything and the fries were awesome. Everything is pricey in Jackson but this was on the lower side of what we had seen price wise. Loved the food but the real five star experience was the service. Great waiter. And the owner came around to see how things were and ended up giving us lots of suggestions for things to do and other places to eat on a local map. Loved that! Would not hesitate to return.

jillstp,
We (my wife, son and I) loved serving you and your family. It warms our hearts that you recognized and enjoyed our Angus and 100% Bison beef burgers, fresh baked buns and fresh cut fries (Idaho and real sweet potatoes) - thank you!!

Jackson Hole is a very special place, so we try to help our guests get the most out of their visit - we hope our suggestions made your visit more special.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is exactly as advertised. Tasty burgers between fresh buns made locally. The fries are excellent, too. And the staff was very nice and attentive to us -- even going so far as to give us a local map and help us find a local place that offered a specific type of beer we were looking for. Didn't give five stars because it wasn't the best burger we've had. But it's close. If I could give 4 and a half stars, I would.

Jack N,
Thank you so much for your kind words. We (my wife, son and I) are thrilled that you enjoyed our burger meal of fresh ground Angus beef, fresh baked buns and fresh cut fries.

We hope that your visit to Jackson Hole was special and that our suggestions for places to visit and things to do were helpful.

Please come back and visit with our again.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hi,
I ordered a combo and a couple of beers. I was hungry after a long day and I couldn't finish ... The burger was good but the fries (especially the sweet potato ones) were really tasty !

Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

EranBr,
We are thrilled that you stopped into MacPhail's after a long day - nothing like a ice cold beer and good burger and fries. We grind our certified Angus beef fresh daily right in our kitchen - the buns are baked fresh locally - the fries which you enjoyed so much are real sweet potatoes (not yams) are cut fresh almost hourly to keep up with the demand.

Thank you for choosing us and please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I would have avoided this place if I had known how expensive it was. Whenever you charge 15 dollars for a burger it better blow your socks off. It was good but not 15 dollars good. I couldn't get over the prices. Not kid friendly. If you want to blow some money go here!

2  Thank Adam R
Bruce B, Owner at MacPhail's Burgers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Adam R,
We (my wife, daughter, son, and I) are sorry that you didn't see the value in our burger meal. We work extremely hard to provide the highest level and best products that money can buy.

Our burger beef is certified Angus (grass feed and regionally ranged) that I personally grind fresh daily - our buns were custom designed by myself and a local baker to accommodate a juice burger (they are baked fresh daily) - our fries are cut fresh daily (Idaho and real sweet potatoes) - with the burger meal you get half (not a quarter) kosher deli dill pickle, homemade dipping sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion - and your choice of the following topping (a variety of cheeses, bacon, sauteed [onions, mushrooms, peppers], jalapenos) - all for one price (we don't nickel & dime our guests with added costs for extra items that you may want on your burger). We offer two sizes of burgers - 1/2 and 1/3 pounder burger for the our varying guests appetites.

Thank you for your feedback.