“Good burgers”

Ranked #2 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are now open for the Summer season!
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good burgers”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This was a great place to get served quickly while there were long lines elsewhere. Although the prices were a little high $22 for a half-pound buffalo burger.

Visited July 2014
Dragaenfly,
Thank you for enjoying our Buffalo burger meal - !00% bison beef (which can be difficult to find with bison being cross breed with heifer cows - a far lower quality of beef), Fresh baked bun (locally) and Fresh cut fries (Idaho's best and real sweet potatoes, not yams).

Please come back and visit with again.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best burger in town”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Doesn't get much better than this. Burgers are amazing, fries are great and save room for the shake! Be sure to stop in for lunch if you are in town. Sit outside and enjoy the great weather.

• Visited July 2014
Chris D,
We, (my wife, son and I) are so happy that you enjoyed our burger meal - Fresh ground certified Angus beef (grass feed and regionally ranged), Fresh baked buns (locally) and Fresh cut fries (Idaho's best and real sweet potatoes, not yams).

It's so nice to hear that you discovered our Milk Shakes - we use the best ice cream that money can buy and add real sauces (not artificial) - we believe it makes all the difference and there is nothing better that a delicious thick Milk Shake with burger and fries!!

Thank you for coming in and please come back and visit us again.
Tinley Park, Illinois
“Great burgers at a family owned business”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I ate here after a day of seeing Jackson. Our waiter said he was the great grandson of the founder. What a very friendly, personable and helpful young man. He made great recommendations for us. My wife had a "small " meal cheddar cheeseburger with home cut fries. The quotes are because their idea of small is 1/3 lb and it did not appear to shrink at all, a sign of the good quality Angus beef they use. I had the All too blue burger (1/2#) which came with bacon, lettuce and tomato. the blue cheese and bacon added enough extra that I used no condiments. I ordered the half and half potatoes, half sweet potato and half regular fries that came with their special dipping sauce. Both were delicious. They give you so many fries that I ate only half the burger and brought the rest back to the motel for a late snack. Along with sodas and shakes they offer ice cold locally brewed beer to wash it down with. Some have complained here about the price but I would rather pay a little extra to get this kind of quality and personal service. It is a little outside the downtown area next to a Sports Authority and they have plenty of tables to eat outside and enjoy the view on a nice day.

• Visited June 2014
miketp,
Thank you for your wonderful comments - they truly warm our hearts!! It's kind words like yours that make it so satisfying for us (my wife, son and I). My son enjoyed serving and talking with you and your wife.

We hope that you will come back and visit with us again.
McMinnville, Oregon
“Exceptional Burger Place”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I've enjoyed many a hamburger in many places, and I'm happy to report that MacPhail's lived up to its well-deserved reputation when we visited it this past week.

The meat is excellent, our server was friendly and attentive, and my bison burger was juicy, large-portioned, and rightly cooked with a great flavor. My wife and our two teens enjoyed their burgers as well--and we all felt the sweet potato fries were unusually good, mainly because they weren't yams but actually sweet potato!

I choose the slightly less expensive, smaller version on the back page of the menu--and it was more than enough to fill me. If you're looking for cheap hamburgers, go to a fast food joint and pay less for low quality fare. But if you're looking for highest quality, stop here and you won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
Jcwill5,
Thank you for your kind words - we (my wife, son and I) are thrilled that you enjoyed our two burger meals - Fresh ground certified Angus beef and the 100% Bison beef with our Fresh baked buns and Fresh cut fries (Idaho's best and real sweet potatoes, not yams).

We're glad that you also enjoyed our "Small Meals" burgers which our 1/3 of pounders - perfect for a smaller appetite but still thick enough to taste the delicious Angus or Bisson beef.

When you are back in town, please come back and see us again.
Waddell, Arizona
“I've never had a burger like this before.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

After a long day of sight seeing at the Grand Teton's, we were so fortunate to have found this gem. Excellent food, great staff and just a wonderful all around experience. I am sure everything on the menu is great, but you really can't go wrong with a burger here. My husband and I both ordered the All Jacked Up. This burger was cooked to perfection and all of the components of the burger were simply awesome. The fresh cut fries were the best I've ever had. My only complaint.....this restaurant does not exist in Arizona. Keep up the superb work, MacPhail's.

Visited May 2014
Rose V,
Wow - we (my wife, son and I) are humbled by your wonderful comments. Truly, your kind words warm our hearts!!