“Great experience and well worth the costs.”
Review of Snake River Angler

Snake River Angler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snake River Angler is a full-service Fly Fishing Shop and Guide Service based in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We have two locations one is next to town square in down town Jackson. The other is in the heart of Grand Teton National Park in Moose. We offer guided fishing trips from beginners to experts. With a half day and full day options we can customize your trip into the experience of a lifetime.
Huntington Beach, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience and well worth the costs.”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Kathleen and I were on our first trip to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We wanted the fly fishing experience in this beautiful country. When in Jackson, we met Scott Messiner at Snake River Anglers. He was helpful and listened to what we needed. We made arrangements for a guide, equipment and boat to fish the snake river. Lucas was our guide. He picked us up at the Jackson Lake Lodge and turned out to be a fantastic guide. He was on time and cheerful. His boat was well founded and in perfect working order. We enjoyed is fly fishing coaching and his low key flow of information about the fish, the land and the people. Lunch was great. Although the weather was challenging, never the less we had a wonderful time. I would recommend Snake River Angler and Lucas to anyone who wants the experience of a lifetime.

1 Thank Guy A

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“They don't want you to catch fish!”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This was such a rip-off. The guide did everything he could to make sure we didn't catch anything. He was more interested in eating lunch than fishing. Not only do they charge an arm and a leg, but they hit you up for another $50 for flies and leader that they don't even use.

3 Thank HOmard_12
Mesa, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Snake River / Matt best trip ever”
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Went to visit my daughter in Jackson with my uncle and took a drift boat fishing trip from SRA based on the awesome trip advisor reviews. I will go with them again next year. Matt is a great guide and even rowed back up river a few times so we got to go thru the good holes a second time. Don't hesitate to go on a trip with these guys and if you can with Matt. Worth every penny.

2 Thank jmurch
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience!!!”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I just experienced a guided float trip by Snake River Anglers, and I can't rave enough about it! It was my first time fly fishing and I was a little intimidated, but the guys couldnt have made me feel more comfortable. I had a great fishing lesson with Cody and he gave me a lot of great tips, and really increased my confidence. Our guide Sam, was amazing and thanks to him I caught 6 fish! My husband is more experienced than me and he also had a fantastic time! We would highly recommend using Snake River Anglers!

1 Thank Andrea F
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best in Jackson Hole”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

I don't normally write reviews but I felt compelled to share my personal experiences. I have first hand and personal experience with the other leading shops in town. There are a lot of good guides in Jackson Hole but these guys are simply the best. This was my second year using them to float the Snake and I plan on returning as soon as I can. They have the best guides and are permitted to operate on the optimum stretches of the Snake in GTNP. I took a friend this year who was a first-timer and he was casting and catching fish within the first hour on the river. If you want a silk glove and mineral water experience you may want to look elsehwere but there is no other choice if you want a serious flyfishing trip. I'll book Lucas and SRA every time I go to Wyoming.

Visited July 2012