“Ben Miller is your Guide!”
Review of Snake River Angler

Snake River Angler
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Snake River Angler is a full-service Fly Fishing Shop and Guide Service based in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We have two locations one is next to town square in down town Jackson. The other is in the heart of Grand Teton National Park in Moose. We offer guided fishing trips from beginners to experts. With a half day and full day options we can customize your trip into the experience of a lifetime.
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Hi folks, I inadvertently posted the wrong name to Ben's review dated November 2012, I want to correct this error now and give credit where credit is due.

We visited in July, Ben Miller was one of the best guides I've fished with in 20 years of slinging flies. This kid was enthusiastic, hard working and so positive and instructional with my 16 year old son. We caught beautiful Fine Spotted Cutts all day, Ben was able to demonstrate his knowledge of the area, flora, and fauna including a mama moose and her baby.......I'm not sure he was responsible for the moose showing up but his enthusiasm for the wildlife was inspiring. Ben obviously loves what he does.....who wouldn't

Everything from the fly shop was as promised and on time, except our return time...because Ben had us fishing our tails off until the last minute possible.

I would recommend SRA and particularly Ben Miller. Take your kids out and fish with him, you won't regret it.

Chris Froboese

3  Thank Froboese
There are newer reviews for Snake River Angler

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My second trip with SRA and I fished with Brandon Payne. Float fishing can be pretty rapid fire and the guide can make all the difference. SRA has access to sections of the river in GTNP that others don't and the guide needs to know the river as it can change from year to year. Guided fishing isn't inexpensive and you should expect to pay for licenses and terminal tackle. He put me on fish and was helpful with tips to improve my technique. He was also very encouraging when we were able to see a large fish in a river braid and we tried repeated presentations before finally catching and releasing the fish. I would have given up long before we finally found the right drift and presentation and his insistence that we keep at it allowed me to bring in a trophy. We floated sections and stopped to wade several times so you experience a variety of fishing options. Scenery is beautiful and wildlife plentiful even if you aren't catching fish.

1  Thank CalvinBT
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I would have given this 5 stars if we had caught any fish. The guide was an excellent teacher and very patient. IT was a great experience but my teen age son was very frustrated since we didn't catch any fish. Nothing the guide can do about that!

Reviewed 1 November 2012

Kathleen and I were on our first trip to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone. We wanted the fly fishing experience in this beautiful country. When in Jackson, we met Scott Messiner at Snake River Anglers. He was helpful and listened to what we needed. We made arrangements for a guide, equipment and boat to fish the snake river. Lucas was our guide. He picked us up at the Jackson Lake Lodge and turned out to be a fantastic guide. He was on time and cheerful. His boat was well founded and in perfect working order. We enjoyed is fly fishing coaching and his low key flow of information about the fish, the land and the people. Lunch was great. Although the weather was challenging, never the less we had a wonderful time. I would recommend Snake River Angler and Lucas to anyone who wants the experience of a lifetime.

1  Thank Guy A
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This was such a rip-off. The guide did everything he could to make sure we didn't catch anything. He was more interested in eating lunch than fishing. Not only do they charge an arm and a leg, but they hit you up for another $50 for flies and leader that they don't even use.

3  Thank HOmard_12