“trip west”
Review of Motel 6 Jackson

Motel 6 Jackson
Ranked #38 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 6 November 2013

a nice motel. reasonable for area. a great town to visit, lots of shops and stores. beautiful mountains. elk refuge is very intriguing. Teton village is close by for business functions.moose right in town at times.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jack b

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Hospitality - the friendly and generous reception of guests

From check-in to after check-out, not once did I feel welcomed; the above definition, taken from the online Oxford English Dictionary, would be great starting training at the Motel 6 for all those in direct contact with guests.

In short...
-The young man checking me in did not smile once and his answer to more than one question was: I don't make the rules.
-My rate had advertised free WiFi. However, checking-in I was told I would only receive free WiFi for one night, even though I was paying and staying two nights. Again, the young man doesn’t make the rules.
-I had to return to the front desk for basic amenities (soap, shampoo, conditioner, an extra pillow, alarm clock, coffee and coffee maker). Fine, I have two legs. But do not give me an exasperated look when I arrive at the front desk even though you just checked me in and could have asked if I needed any of those items. Most hotels provide, at the very least, shampoo and soap.
-Getting into bed my sheets were wet. I called the front desk, asked for a new, dry set and was asked if I could come get them. I was already in my pajamas so this was not what I considered good service and then I was told it would be at least 20 minutes.
-The fridge in the room (a nice perk) ticked loudly. It sounded like a bomb was counting down. At this point, I honestly did not want to deal with the front desk anymore so just unplugged it. Of course some of our food had to be thrown away but seemed minor with the alternative.
-Our rate online seemed competitive with other hotels in the area for the season. However, I got into the room and there was a rate advertised for $35 less than what I paid. I asked front desk and was told that I was wrong. That is not a rate for the summer. It was there, on the back of my door so I asked if I could instead have that rate. Of course, they don't make the rules and this is not possible.
-Checking out I offered my comments as above to the woman checking me out. I left but forgot to mention the wet sheets so walked back in to add that to the comment card. I could hear, in the back, a woman rebuffing my comment card (who I imagine must have been a supervisor or manager). The rate, I heard, was not something that was advertised at that price in the guestrooms.
-I spoke with Motel 6’s central customer care center and was told that the General Manager of the property would call me. The General Manager did call once and left one message the week following my stay. Since then, it has been three months and I have not received any form of contact from the General Manager even though I have left 5 messages for her. I even spoke with the customer care center two weeks ago, but no contact. Wow, I see where the staff gets their great service from.

I had hoped to be able to write this review with a happy ending after having connected with the General Manager, voicing my concerns, and having them acknowledged. Seeing that my stay was three months ago I have given up. I am not a person who seeks to have a cheap stay; in fact I work in the hospitality industry myself and respect those who offer great service. I also understand how hotels work and the Motel 6 is the poorest example of a hotel I have ever stayed at. Perhaps the General Manager will see this and finally take the hint to call me back. If not, I warn others who stay and have issues: don’t expect any sort of empathy or resolution. I highly doubt that any Motel 6 will be receiving any further stays from me.

Room Tip: There is no space for luggage if you have a room for two beds.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Vanessa G
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear Vanessa G,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the service and cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We normally would not even consider staying in a Motel 6 since they seem to have such a poor reputation, but I must say things have changed since the last time I stayed in one many years ago. Our room was on the first floor, pool side. The grounds were well kept, flowers and shrubs blooming. Our room was quite small, no refrigerator or microwave, but it was clean, the beds were comfortable and it had a great shower, but no tub, but that was okay to us because we only use showers. Another reason we choose this motel was the price. At $120.00 per night for two people two beds we felt we lucked out because we had checked rates of all the motels in Jackson Hole and they were a whole lot more expensive. We also liked the fact we were maybe a mile or two out of town so we didn't have to much of a problem with traffic. Staff was pleasant. It's a great place to stay for a couple of days since we are out and about all day and the only thing we need a room for is to shower and sleep. I would only recommend this motel to people who do not need all the whistles and bells. We stayed two nights and enjoyed our stay in Jackson Hole very much.

Room Tip: Tray and stay on the pool side. You have a very nice view there
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms with a modern feel. Nice Motel 6! Lots of well lit parking and pet areas,friendly staff, grounds very clean. Short drive from the town square. Easy in and out. Good access to highway. Great price. Would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Reasonable price and good pet policy. Room was clean but needed a little maintenance after the summer tourist season. Parking was good and easy access. Sits a mile or so out of downtown. Very nice lady at check in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Motel 6 seem to be renovating their properties and educating their staff on how to treat the paying visitor. This location was no exception. From check in to check out, everything was wonderful. We had dealings with three staff members and they were all pleasant and helpful. The room had been completely refitted including wood floors, flat panel TV, new bathroom etc. all this at a great rate.

I have stayed at this location three times over the past years. Now it is better than it ever was.

Room Tip: I don't know if all rooms are renovated, but I would ask to make sure I got one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at this motel 6 back in July while going to Yellowstone and Grand Teton. It served its purpose as we were not in the room much.. thank god. the room is tiny and the bathroom didn't make much sense to us. There was no tub and the shower was smaller then the one I had while deployed to Iraq, you could hardly move without touching the wall or shower curtain..and I am an average size person. The bathroom was 1/2 the size of the room with a lot of wasted space. The bathroom door was odd. It was like a closet door and didn't lock. There were no tissue, shampoo, soap or conditioner, I have never stayed at a place that didn't have those things at least. It was very contemporary which I guess was OK, but not really my style, we both found it very odd the floor is not carpeted, and there is no way someone could sleep on the floor, there is no room for that. I am glad we didn't spend much time in the room or I would have gone crazy. It was clean and that is always important, though when we came back our bed wasn't made the best.. it looked like they just threw the blankets up and called it good. The pillows were not the greatest and I am glad that I had brought my own the bed itself I thought was fine. We booked a room at the last minute and this was about the only thing left, next time I would rather spend a few extra dollars and have a little more space and a few more amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple