“Great Place”
Review of Ranch Inn

Ranch Inn
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 26 July 2012

This was a great place to stay in Jackson,the price was right. It's old but very well kept. It's two blocks from down town and wonderful eating places with-in a block. The only thing I
could complain about is, they do not have coffee in the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beverleigh H

Reviewed 26 July 2012

I would recommend the Ranch Inn to anyone going to Jackson, WY for vacation. Just returned from a weeks stay there. We stayed in a kin tower room, which are the newest, on the second floor. Had a king bed, no queen rooms were available, large leather sofa and club chair and ottoman, writing desk, small fridge and microwave. They immediatley brought a cot up for us. You could easily sleep 5 in a room with 2 queens and a cot. There was a large balcony overlooking E Pearl St. with a table and 4 chairs. The bathroom was large plus there was a sink and vanity area outside of the bathroom which was great. There is plenty of hanging and storage for your belongings. There is a daily breakfast included. The best thing about the hotel is the location. You can walk anywhere in the Jackson area. We rented a car, but only used it to go on excursions. I was afraid we would hear noise from the street, but that was not a problem. The staff was super friendly and helpful. For the price of @$200/night, I would HIGHLY recommend the hotel, very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for the tower section.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank NancyMississippi
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed in Jackson 2 nights, had a 2 queen bed room. Sure some of the decor is not real modern however how much time do you spend in a hotel room while on vaca?! Rooms were clean, people were very nice and informative. Light continental breakfast included. Town of Jackson is just awesome. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bev M
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We had a 2 queen bed room. The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. The staff were very helpfull and very friendly. They brought out extra chairs for our group of 20 so we could visit outside. There is no pool, which was the only drawback for our 4th of July vacation. The hotel is located one block off the main drag. I would recommend this hotel for all types. The grounds are kept clean and they have a laundry room (1 washer, 1 dryer) which is very handy. They did have a continental breakfast, but it was on the meager side of blah. If I go back to Jackson Hole, I would definetley consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Django G
Reviewed 12 July 2012

We stayed here on the first and last days of our Yellowstone trip because of the proximity to the airport. Worked out very well. The hotel is immaculately clean and well kept. The people who work here are very nice, friendly, and helpful, and they even help out with your luggage if you need it. They have good control to make sure they have a savory clientele. The staff is very flexible in many ways. They do their best to accommodate everyone. There is a free breakfast. The only drawback is in the breakfast room, they show Fox News, and as a Democrat, this bothered me. Parking is limited, but we always managed to find a space. If you are interested in buying souvenirs, there are lots of shops nearby that sell them. There are few if any places to get any food in walking distance, but there are some you can drive to if you have a car.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank colorknit
Reviewed 11 July 2012

When visiting The Tetons, it is fun to stay at Jackson. The draw is the quaint Western streets and sidewalks and Western themed stores and restaurants. So, it was quite a pleasure to be at this inn after spending the day in the Tetons.

We chose this lodge, because it was reasonably priced and well rated here at Trip Advisor. We only got the "Standard" king-bed room, which I expected would not be as nice as their more expensive upgrades. I don't know what the upgrades were like, but this room was quite nice. The bathroom was immaculate, as was the separate sink area. The vanity mirror by the sink was attractively equipped with vanity lights instead of glaring fluorescent light. There was a desk and chair, a huge dresser, a 32-inch flat-screened TV, coffee table with a couch, and an armchair. Yes, the room was very easily big enough for all of that! The A/C unit worked fine. We enjoyed the Western scene pictures on the walls.

This was a great value at the height of the tourist season in the Teton region. I would definitely stay here again if their price remains competitive.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank karoleigh
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I travel to Jackson a couple times a year and I had been reluctant to try this hotel, even though an associate of mine had reccommended it more than once. I arrived in one of the busiest times in the season and the staff was friendly and made a real effort to get me a room at a reasonable rate.

In fact the only room left was a King with a balcony and it was a wonderful suprise compared to most of the places I stay when on business. It was quiet and comfortable and real thought had been put into the setup.

It's nice to be right in town where you can walk to most restaurants and bars and not have to worry about parking or consumption. Jackson is really a beautiful city downtown and there is so much it has to offer. Normally I will stay at the Motel 6, which is fine but further away and comparable in pricing, in fact it was slightly higher than what I paid at the Ranch Inn.

Internet was not too strong - but it was a busy weekend and I never get great reception anyplace I stay up here. But enough signal to work in the morning I will be back to the Ranch Inn and I would definately stay here with my family.

Room was >$75