“Best of the West ... Again”
Review of Red Rock Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Red Rock Ranch
United States
“Best of the West ... Again”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The Red Rock Ranch offers an outstanding western experience for the whole family. Our family has visited the RRR 6 times over the past 12 years. Addie Hare shoots beautiful photos of the guests during the week - many family RRR photos have graced our Christmas card! The wonderful RRR experience has been described in so many of the reviews and my past reviews - this is the best of the West which creates lasting memories for you and your family or friends. We have recommended the RRR to many of our freinds - that and our repeat visits are the best endorsement we can give. We will return to the RRR again and again...

Room Tip: Wifi is in the bar and library area - frankly, I am glad it is limited - so I can disconnect at the...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Paris, France
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Excellent dude ranch outside of Jackson -- fabulous location, wonderful staff, delicious meals, and fantastic activities. The kids' program is wonderful and our nieces and nephew loved it -- they're already asking to come again next summer. The staff was so friendly and accommodating -- top notch. I'd recommend Red Rock to anyone looking for a great family vacation (they also have some adults-only weeks toward the end of the season). An unforgettable week!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our stay at RRR was priceless. The stress literally melts off you upon your arrival. We traveled with our twin 7 year old daughters who loved every minute. The cabins were better than I anticipated (spacious, clean, no complaints!) the food was great, the activities were endless and the staff was incredible. It's an unforgettable experience that is honestly hard to describe because it's so amazing. The staff is without a doubt what makes your entire stay fabulous. My husband had extensive horseback riding experience and I had none. Our kids had some prior to our visit. The head wrangler, Carson, was fantastic. He was patient, understanding and put safety above all other priorities. There were several different levels of experience during our stay and Carson and his wranglers went above and beyond to make sure everyone had a safe, enjoyable experience.

Doug and Addie (the ranch managers) are the most lovely, hospitable people you will ever meet. No detailed is overlooked. The kids program is awesome. Our kids were anxious to leave every morning for the trails and we had to beg them to get in the cabin every night. They have perfected the kids vs. adult time. It was a fabulous family vacation, but my husband and I had plenty of unexpected r&r by ourselves too.

You will never be bored with the list of activities you have to choose from and the great part is you can set your own pace. They offer 1/2 day rides, full day rides, hiking, swimming, fly fishing, and we were lucky enough to even do yoga a couple of mornings. My husband and I also had the pleasure of shooting clays. Most fun I've had in a long time.

The scenery is breathtaking. It is mountain living at it's FINEST. Our favorite thing was the family ride breakfast on Crystal Creek. Our kids will be talking about this trip for the rest of their lives. We hated to leave. You will not regret booking this trip. We would be so grateful to have the opportunity to visit again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ryanandjoyh
new york
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I stayed at the Red Rock Ranch for a week and we had a great time. The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Right from the start the manager and staff were attentive and willing to do go out of there way to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

My two sons loved the kids program and fell in love with their horses. The kid wranglers were fun and engaging. My sons had never ridden a horse before and by the time they left they were wrangling cattle!

As for the adults, we were offered rides everyday, fly fishing instruction, and hiking. The riding and hiking were amazing. In a previous review, someone mentioned that they couldn't sign up for a hike, I found it to be the complete opposite. The staff member went out of her way to seek me out to arrange for the hike, it couldn't have been any easier. She also asked me what my needs were and arranged for a beautiful afternoon hike.

The cabins were incredibly comfortable and spacious. A great cabin for a family of 4. The cabins are close by to the main eating cabin. They also provide a laundry center which was free to use for all guests. As for the food, it was amazing. The meals were filling and delicious. The baking was incredible and I would love to get all of the recipes from the week! (I wish Addie would provide the recipes on their website)

I would highly recommend the Red Rock Ranch and would love a chance to visit again.

2 Thank stuart10
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family enjoyed every aspect of Red Rock Ranch except leaving it! Everything was simply WONDERFUL! The food is delicious, the activities are excellent, the staff is awesome, and the cabins are clean, comfortable, and spacious. I took hundreds of pictures and none of them do justice to this trip.

Our activities included horseback riding, fly fishing, trap shooting, hiking, swimming, square dancing, and singing by the campfire. We were each paired with a horse based on our horseback riding experience and had the option to choose between riding, hiking, etc. each day. I fell in love with my sweet horse and even cried when I had to say good-bye. My daughter now wants to be a wrangler and work at Red Rock Ranch when she's old enough!

There is a very nice blend of kid's activities and family activities and our kids LOVED the Red Rock Ranch kid's staff! Red Rock Ranch exceeded our expectations and I would recommend it in a heartbeat!

1 Thank CarolinaBands
Carrollton, Georgia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I took our children and grandchildren to RRR for a week, and I've never thought that our money was more well spent. We ranged from age 71 to 7, and we all had a great time. The staff, crew, horses, lodging and food was more than we'd hoped for. If you want a good time, go to Red Rock Ranch. It will not disappoint.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The previous year, we had had an amazing time at a dude ranch in Idaho. We booked here hoping for a similar experience and were disappointed. First, this ranch caters to expert horseback riders and we were the only novice riders at the time. We love to hike and found the activity sign up process frustrating. We had hoped for several guided hikes and only managed to obtain 1 near the end of our stay. Mostly, we hiked by ourselves. Our cabin was filled with flies (not a few flies, but hundreds of flies and it took several days to address the situation). We always make the best of a situation ... I would never book here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Stephanie T
rrr6288, Manager at Red Rock Ranch, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
I am sorry that the riding did not meet your needs, we do cater to all levels of riding. Most of our guests are beginner riders and we focus all of our daily rides and lessons around their needs. Mother Nature and Log Cabins can come together and sometimes get the upper hand on us. Any situations that are brought to our attention are dealt with as soon as possible. We do have two hiking guides that at times are very booked and at time fairly open so with each week comes scheduling challenges that we work through as best as we can.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Huff House Inn and Cabins
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Heart Six Guest Ranch
Spring Creek Ranch
Spring Creek Ranch
#18 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Red Rock Ranch? Share your experiences!