“Awful customer service”

Jackson Hole Hat Company
Ranked #19 of 35 Shopping in Jackson
More attraction details
Owner description: Custom cowboy hats and cowboy accessories.
3 attraction reviews
“Awful customer service”
Reviewed 29 December 2012

After spending ten minutes in the store with my family (with no other customers) we had still not been spoken to. The middle aged man working stood watch over us as my husband browsed. He never offered assistance as my husband tried on different hats. He lost a sale that day and we made sure to pass our dissatisfaction on to all we could. What a let down for the great town of Jackson.

Robert W, Owner at Jackson Hole Hat Company, responded to this review, 4 February 2017
Yes our hatter who spends most of his time in back making hats is not very personable, he was let go over a year ago. If you come back I would be happy to fit you with a custom hat. Bob

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Aimed at the more well-heeled...”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you're looking to spend $600 you will find some lovely hats here. If you are not quite in that league (and not a rodeo or movie star) but still interested in cowboy hats you may be in for some disappointment and, perhaps, discomfort... but maybe that's what they want?

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Nicole M
Robert W, Owner at Jackson Hole Hat Company, responded to this review, 6 February 2017
Never want a customer to be dissatisfied or dissappointed. We have cowboy hats made by Bailey, Cover, Larry Mahan and others starting at $45.00 to $250.00. Our in house custom made line which starts at a hand made rabbit fur hat to customers specifications $295.00, A beaver blend is $485,00 and our top of the line 100% Beaver Fur hand made custom hat is $685.00 which includes a hat streacher and hat rack. The above prices are much lower than other custom hat makers.
Big Piney, Wyoming, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Bad Customer service after sale”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband who is a working cowboy in Wyoming bought a very exspensive hat from the Jackson Hole hat Co.. it is a great hat. We took a trip back to Jackson early in the year and went into the shop, bought a hat for our daughter and asked if the hat that he bought there could be cleaned, the man behind the counter said no his steamer was off and you need to come back another day. Then we just got back again from Jackson after taking our daughter there for her 21st Birthday we went by the hat shop again and asked the same man if he could clean the hat a give it a quick shape. He basically said no it was to dirty, that it would need a deep clean and to come back another day (mind you only one other customer was in the shop at the time, which was being helped by another lady in the shop), my husband explained that we were only up in town over night and could he just sponge it off, the man stated, you can do that yourself. I finally stated my husband is a working cowboy and it's just dirt, the man grabbed it by the edge with his thumb and index finger holding it away from him, I stated this is one of your hats, he took it in his back room for less then a minute came back out and said there is nothing he would do at that time. I have never seen such unprofessional rude customer service after a sale. They have lost our business forever and many other working cowboys who save to buy a Jackson Hole Hat Co. Hat.

Visited October 2011
9 Thank Kellee B
kwheeless
“Best Hat in the Land”
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I've have never been to Wyoming but have bought 3 hats from Jackson Hole Hat Co. over the last 8 years. I have worn cowboy hats for over 25 yeas and found the JHH to be the best I have ever worn. I view that selection over the internet, called the store because I were a style that they do not show, gave them the discription and size and in a short time I had my hat just as I like it. JHH has also reblocked several of my hats after I have worn them for a couple of years and they came back looking almost new. Hats are expensive but the beaver hat hold up for years. I wear one of my hat every day from November to April and they still look fine.

A TripAdvisor Member
“wear the stars shop for hats”
Reviewed 20 November 2003

The Jackson Hole Hat Company is filled with every hat you could desire and if you dont see it they will make it for you. The store is filled with beautiful hats and accessories. I understand alot of movie stars as well as rodeo stars buy their hats there. It is definately worth a stop in the store to see the selection alone. The customer service is excellent in helping select the proper hat and making sure it fits right. A friendly place. I had to buy two myself and I will be back on my next visit to Jackson.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member