“terrible, terrible, terrible would NEVER recommend”

Jackson Hole Hat Company
Ranked #21 of 39 Shopping in Jackson
More attraction details
Owner description: Custom cowboy hats and cowboy accessories.
Reviewed 2 April 2014

we were looking on the internet for a white ladies hat (hard to find).Called them and the gal (owner) said she had a white hat for sale. we asked her for 30 minutes if she was sure it was white. we bought it, go it (we were out of state) and not only was it not white, it was obviously grey, anyone could tell that, it was USED and DIRTY!!!!!! we could not believe it. we were sure they had simply made a mistake and shipped us the wrong hat. we thought no problem they will get it back and send us the hat we ordered. we shipped it back at our expense and when the gal (owner )received it she accused us of wearing it, although we had only had it one day!!! we got in a huge argument and she refused to give us our $ back, it was only $65 for the hat, it was an inexpensive hat. we were in total shock, she offered us store credit minus the shipping only after the bank got involved. we never ordered anything again....we refuse to deal with them, buyer beware!!!!!!!

1  Thank musictiger1
Robert W, Owner at Jackson Hole Hat Company, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

Just found out more about this purchase from Cynthia. This woman purchased the hat after seeing a picture of it on her text msg. She purchased the hat with her girl friends credit card. She wore the hat in a production she did but never paid her girl friend for the hat. The girl friend got the hat back, but was never paid and wanted a refund. Seems like a feud between friends. We agreed to take the hat back less a restocking fee. To date they have not returned the hat.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I found Jackson Hole Hat while driving through town on a summer vacation road trip. I am a hat wearer, and my collection includes everything from $39 generic fedoras made in China (cheap felt, unlined) on up to Stetsons. I wanted a replica of a unique historical hat that no one is making for the mass market, and Jackson Hole Hat obliged. Cynthia and her team listened, measured, showed me samples of felt and styles, took my old photos and written descriptions into account, applied creativity and expertise, and delivered exactly what I wanted. I expect to be a repeat customer.

1  Thank Gerry T
Reviewed 28 August 2013

This place is the highlight of our trip to Downtown Jackson Hole and Cynthia is amazing, her vision for fashion are Two thumbs up. I'm looking forward to "Rock" my hats n La La Land. Did I mentioned we bought 3 hats on our visit? Cheers Cynthia ✨

1  Thank IHLTPE
Reviewed 29 December 2012

After spending ten minutes in the store with my family (with no other customers) we had still not been spoken to. The middle aged man working stood watch over us as my husband browsed. He never offered assistance as my husband tried on different hats. He lost a sale that day and we made sure to pass our dissatisfaction on to all we could. What a let down for the great town of Jackson.

Robert W, Owner at Jackson Hole Hat Company, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2017

Yes our hatter who spends most of his time in back making hats is not very personable, he was let go over a year ago. If you come back I would be happy to fit you with a custom hat. Bob

Reviewed 19 July 2012

If you're looking to spend $600 you will find some lovely hats here. If you are not quite in that league (and not a rodeo or movie star) but still interested in cowboy hats you may be in for some disappointment and, perhaps, discomfort... but maybe that's what they want?

2  Thank Nicole M

Never want a customer to be dissatisfied or dissappointed. We have cowboy hats made by Bailey, Cover, Larry Mahan and others starting at $45.00 to $250.00. Our in house custom made line which starts at a hand made rabbit fur hat to customers specifications $295.00, A beaver blend is $485,00 and our top of the line 100% Beaver Fur hand made custom hat is $685.00 which includes a hat streacher and hat rack. The above prices are much lower than other custom hat makers.