“Really good food!!”

Local Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Broadway and Deloney
Transit: Jackson's S.T.A.R.T. bus stops across the street. (Town Square stop.)
London, United Kingdom
“Really good food!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

A smart, white linen restaurant, that has high chairs and good kids menu and does excellent locally sourced food. First place we had been for our 2 week stay in the US where we were given proper bread with our meal as well. I would definitely return.

Visited July 2014

“Over-seasoned Food and Sluggish Service”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We knew something was off when the first thing the hostess asked us was whether we could be done eating (a reservation starting at 6:15pm) by 7:30pm. While it was a busy restaurant, we immediately felt rushed for our dinner. It is the restaurant's job to make sure it did not overbook tables, not the patron's. While the menu options were quite interesting, seasoning issues distracted from the local essence of the dishes. I had the tuna ceviche to start and the buffalo strip steak with a bourbon sauce for my main. The sides (served family style) for our table included the truffled mashed potatoes, seasonal wild mushrooms, and asparagus. Both the ceviche and strip steak were extremely peppery, to a point that I had trouble tasting the fish/meat itself. Several other members of our table had the same complaint. The sides were good, but not to die for. Additionally, the service was very slow. There was an unusual amount of time between the appetizers and main courses. Looking around, most of the waiters and waitresses were standing around while many other patrons were also waiting for food. It was a very bizarre situation. I think this restaurant had great potential and I like to think they were just having a bad night. I invite you to try it yourself and I thank you for reading my review!

Sedona, Arizona
“local but Lively”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Don't come in if you are not hungry. The food is excellent, and the portions generous! Service was also professional grade.

MA
“Not happy”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I wasn't thrilled about the menu in the dining room section. Suggestion if you want a light meal, eat in the bar as they do not serve burgers,buffalo or beef in the dining room -no exceptions, we asked.

Visited June 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner June 2014”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

By no attention to the negative reviews, I've eaten in restaurants all over the US, Tahiti, etc and have to say I had one of if not the best steak I ever had! The steak came from a farm a few miles away from where we stayed in Jackson Hole, very cool!