“Fine late afternoon lunch”

Local Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Local Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Broadway and Deloney
Transit: Jackson's S.T.A.R.T. bus stops across the street. (Town Square stop.)
Reviewed 21 August 2014

With our schedule thrown off by our travel we ended hungry at the Jackson Plaza at 3 PM. We chose this restaurant for a late lunch. At that time the food was from the more limited bar menu. The food while very good largely consisted of the simpler lunch time menus. The interior decor was elegant and fun, though not as strongly western themed as some other restaurants.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Local beef and perfectly done. Supurb! Good local beers too!
We ate in the bar which was loud but I'm sure fun if you were with a crowd.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

My husband and I both had a sandwich paired with a salad as a side. Sandwiches come with a choice of sides. Delicious. So filling I ended up taking half my sandwich with me. Recommend.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Ordered the wedge salad and tuna ceviche which the waiter recommended. The tuna ceviche was fishy tasting and the wedge was good, not great. Though our waiter was very attentive in the beginning, he was unavailable after we got our food. We ordered another drink but it never came until we were done with our food.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This a very high quality restaurant, despite being quite large and reasonably priced. My wife had beef carpaccio (which she said melted in her mouth) and chicken masala (which was very moist and full of flavour). My crab starter was excellent, but my elf was a little chewy though with good flavour. Service was friendly and quick. We also stayed on to listen to the live music in the patio out the back, which was a lovely way to finish the evening.