“Small, superb restaurant”

The Restaurant at White Buffalo Club
Reserve with OpenTable
The Restaurant at White Buffalo Club is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 149 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Millward
Transit: Local town shuttle stop one block from the front door, accessing all of Jackson, plus quick service to Teton Village and back.
Description: The Restaurant at White Buffalo Club is a USDA Prime Steakhouse offering the best steaks options in downtown Jackson. Executive Chef Joel Hammond masterly features entrees and courses of wild game, fresh seafood, and creative cuisines sourced locally only using the finest ingredients. Stone, wood, mirrors, and fine art create a rustic fine dining ambiance that evokes an old world feel. Fine wines, local crafted beers and imaginative cocktails compliment the menu. This fine dining establishment offers excellent private dining options for any occasion or fireplace lounge for a more casual atmosphere. Local favorite happy hour deals, traditional and inventive entrees, and delicious pairing make The Restaurant at White Buffalo Club a food connoisseur's dream. You won't be disappointing with this sophisticated yet casual and pleasing establishment.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This restaurant (formerly a private club) was highly recommended by the concierge at The Wort Hotel. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and superb wines served to us by an outstanding young lady who made sure that we were well cared for. Everything about the evening was first rate.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The service, food and wine was excellent. I can understand reviewers not liking the location in he basement of the hotel and I found the decor to be rather bland but my husband reassured me it's standard steak house. Over all it was a great meal. My husband had the filet and my son had the ribeye. Of the five steaks that my son had on our trip this was by far his favourite.

1  Thank Mary Jo M
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on our first night in Jackson fate a long day of traveling. This was a perfect place as we were looking for something quiet and intimate since we were pretty tired. The food was fantastic!!! Everything was delicious! Our steaks were great and my asparagus was cooked perfectly. We also enjoyed the wine list as we are big wine enthusiasts. The service was great as well. If your looking for a nice intimate spot to have some great steaks and wine this place is it!!!

Reviewed 13 February 2014

We were locals wanting to try out a new restaurant with mixed reviews. Started out tonight with bar appetizers - figured out that the restaurant is really the bar and very dark (shown as lighted restaurant unless you are in the boardroom). This is okay but I'm glad to know as it wouldn't be comfortable as a work related atmosphere to me. FOOD IS OUTSTANDING. I would have given it 5 stars but when we arrived it was tough to get service. Wayne was tough and didn't want to serve us. It was 5 on and they had just opened as we were getting off work. Another waiter came out along with the chef and our server (Wayne). Atmosphere loosened up finally and they compensated for him til he got there so THANK YOU. My husband wanted to leave before we got started but I persisted. Tried the bacon wrapped dates (we had 6 between us and got charged for 10 - they were cheap and totally worth it though), salad, soup of the day, sliders, and ahi tacos. Several items are represented as singular on the menu but were actually plural like the sliders and tacos. Wayne rudely warned us about that saying they aren't just one-- still I was grateful he did or we would have been overloaded. By the end Wayne was giving us good service but it dampened the mood for us for sure. My credit card says to please check my ID and Wayne did that too!! Thank you for honoring my request. I would feel confident to try the dinner menu now and expect it would be excellent although in darkness and hopefully Wayne might remember us and be more pleasant next time. Everyone has a bad day . . .

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We went to dinner for my birthday and had a great experience. The filet was awesome! I also recommend the dates wrapped in bacon. The waiter was friendly and offered tips for skiing the next day.