“A lot of fun ”

Rendezvous River Sports
Ranked #50 of 75 Tours in Jackson
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

A group of 4 of us in our late 20s decided to try the ducky tour down the Snake River. We weren't disappointed! Our guides were Greg and John and they were helpful and experienced. They have wet suits available too, since the water is pretty chilly (even in July). I opted to go for the wet suit since I get cold easily and I was glad I did; Especially when I got knocked out of our ducky. Overall, it was a lot of fun and our friends decided they would opt for this tour over a large raft anyday. Much more active and adventurous than a regular large raft tour.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband arranged for Andy Lex to spend some one on one kayak time with him when we were in Jackson on 31 May. Andy was great fun and very professional. They spent the morning first brushing up on skills and then headed out on the Snake River for some adventure kayaking. My husband, Martin, really enjoyed the experience hugely and was thrilled by the rougher spots on the river. Thanks Andy for a great time. And thanks for the advice to take the scenic route to Salt Lake City, it was much better than driving the freeway the whole way.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This wasn't our first trip down the snake, but it was our first with Rendezvous in inflatable kayaks (aka rubber duckies). Our two guides, Sam and John, took an unusually large group of about eight boats, or about 16 people, and made keeping track of us all look easy. They were fun, but clearly seasoned professionals, and when some of us flipped their quick response at getting everyone safely back in boats was impressive. The duckies were a good challenge for all ages and skill levels. The equipment was well maintained (clean) and well managed. And in case you're wondering, the water IS COLD even in August, so bring a dry change of clothes. We wouldn't hesitate to use Rendezvous for future fun.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We rented 3 SUP boards. The staff was very helpful. They got us hooked up with equipment, loaded the car and recommended where to have the best experience. Will, Eric 1 and Eric 2 were right on the money. Not only did we have the best time at String Lake... we saw a brown cub and the mother. It was exciting. I can't thank the staff enough as we are newer to SUP boarding and have never done Teton National Park. You guys rock!!!!

Reviewed 20 July 2013

My 18-year-old son and I just returned from a week in Jackson, where we spent a great three days organized by Rendezvous River Sports. We had a great instructor/guide, Will, who also guides fly fishing, mountain biking and hunting trips. We spent one day on the Hoback River and two days on the Snake River. This was a perfect way to work on our technical skills while also simply enjoying the river. There are many places in Jackson offering raft float trips, but Rendezvous is apparently the only kayak school in the area.