“Loved our Duckie Trip”

112 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“Loved our Duckie Trip”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We took the trip down the Snake on inflatable kayaks and had a fantastic time. Our guide, Carston, was professional and capable. Four of the five of us ended up in the river at Lunch Counter and he managed to get us all back in our kayaks, with paddles. Safety was a priority.

The trip was enormously fun with some great rapids as well as wildlife--we saw bald eagles and osprey.

Visited July 2014

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So much fun!!!!”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My husband and I did a ducky kayak half day trip with Andy and it could have not been a better experience. I was super nervous about going white water kayaking but Andy fully explained everything we should expect on the river and made it all super fun! In his words there are two types of fun. Type 1 is fun while it is happening and Type 2 which is scary while it happening but fun afterwards. He said he only wanted us to have Type 1 fun and boy did we! Andy is very safety oriented so I never felt like we were in danger and was always in good hands. We will for sure be coming back to RRS on our next trip.

Be sure to wear a swimsuit or quick drying clothes underneath the wet suit because you will get wet no matter what.

Visited July 2014
Grand Rapids, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A lot of fun ”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

A group of 4 of us in our late 20s decided to try the ducky tour down the Snake River. We weren't disappointed! Our guides were Greg and John and they were helpful and experienced. They have wet suits available too, since the water is pretty chilly (even in July). I opted to go for the wet suit since I get cold easily and I was glad I did; Especially when I got knocked out of our ducky. Overall, it was a lot of fun and our friends decided they would opt for this tour over a large raft anyday. Much more active and adventurous than a regular large raft tour.

Brsibane,Australia
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Exciting kayaking on the snake river”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband arranged for Andy Lex to spend some one on one kayak time with him when we were in Jackson on 31 May. Andy was great fun and very professional. They spent the morning first brushing up on skills and then headed out on the Snake River for some adventure kayaking. My husband, Martin, really enjoyed the experience hugely and was thrilled by the rougher spots on the river. Thanks Andy for a great time. And thanks for the advice to take the scenic route to Salt Lake City, it was much better than driving the freeway the whole way.

Visited May 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Good to Meet Again”
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This wasn't our first trip down the snake, but it was our first with Rendezvous in inflatable kayaks (aka rubber duckies). Our two guides, Sam and John, took an unusually large group of about eight boats, or about 16 people, and made keeping track of us all look easy. They were fun, but clearly seasoned professionals, and when some of us flipped their quick response at getting everyone safely back in boats was impressive. The duckies were a good challenge for all ages and skill levels. The equipment was well maintained (clean) and well managed. And in case you're wondering, the water IS COLD even in August, so bring a dry change of clothes. We wouldn't hesitate to use Rendezvous for future fun.

Visited August 2013