“Real Mexican in Jackson”
Review of El Tlaxcalteca

El Tlaxcalteca
Ranked #95 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is the real deal...not tex or cali mex. Simple prepared food with an emphasis on grilled meats. Service was helpful and attentive. Menu is not extensive. Atmosphere could be a little more desirable. Caters heavily to the local Hispanic population.

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our way to the Grand Tetons. The food was edible, but mediocre. It was about 1pm on a weekday. The place was about empty which was a bad sign but we were hungry. The service was extremely slow and the server never cracked a smile. It felt like we were intruding on his time. Wouldn't recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Visited this authentic place near Kmart plaza with a large group and were impressed by the value-for-money, fantastic chips and salsa and excellent mole! Fajitas were fresh and plentiful and the wide array of Mexican beers met with our approval! Definitely coming back soon!!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

A little expensive..do not order their Piña Coladas...not good. I only tried the Popusas and the flip flop dish. It's ok, I will only go back if I have $$ and a quick bite..Girls are super nice.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

Unfortunately, I misread the name of the restaurant and thought I was eating at a place with great reviews. The major clue that I was in the wrong restaurant was when I walked in at 6:30 p.m. on a Wednesday night in the busiest tourist month in Jackson WY (July) and there was only one other customer at the restaurant. I should have turned around and walked out the door. The salsa and chips were bad. I don't know what ingredients were in the salsa but tomatoes weren't a part of the recipe. It was inedible. I got a chicken chimichanga which essentially was flavorless. This restaurant was in a fairly new shopping center. The decor wasn't bad but the food was mediocre.