“Recommended by Wyoming Inn and wonderful!”

Gun Barrel Steak & Game House
Reserve with OpenTable
Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 145 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Gun Barrel Steak & Game House is a locally owned and operated restaurant which opened in 1993. Enjoy Jackson Hole's finest steaks & game dishes, all cooked over an open river-rock mesquite grill in a rustic hunting lodge atmosphere. The Gun Barrel is located just one mile from the world famous Jackson Town Square and a short drive from Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks. Come visit us today!
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Recommended by Wyoming Inn and wonderful!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Wyoming Inn recommended Gun Barrel and they were right! It was walking distance and we loved the atmosphere - well done with a Wyoming feel! My husband had the elk chops and they were tender and done to perfection. My steak was fantastic, tender and just YUM!!! Great service and friendly staff. Would HIGHLY recommend!!!

1 Thank TLC337

• Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This restaurant should definitely be in the top five in Jackson”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Great selection of game. Side dishes were also perfectly prepared. Good liquor and beer selection. I've tried many of the find restaurants in Jackson and this has to be in the top 5.

Walton, Kentucky
“Meh....”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I specifically asked about the garlic mashed potatoes and when they arrived they were the exact opposite of what I was told. I ordered a strip medium well and it was medium and at least 1/2 was fat. Now I do like a little fat cooked on my steak but this had whole chunks I had to cut off. They did keep me in water and the decor was awesome thus the 3 stars but as far as food I was unimpressed.

2 Thank dartangen
Jackson, Wyoming
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great western atmosphere, delicious food and friendly waitstaff. The baked sweet potato with maple butter is to die for; perfect go to with a steak or chicken.

Rexburg, Idaho
“Too Bad”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I visited the Gun Barrel in St. George, UT and we both had among the best steaks we've ever eaten, so we thought we'd try the Gun Barrel in Jackson, WY. Jackson's atmosphere was rustic and fun, but the food preparation wasn't good quality.

I set up a reservation on-line. I called twice during the day to confirm, but got a recording that said to set up reservations on-line. We arrived and found they had no idea we were coming.

One of our guest's seafood (crab) in the stuffed trout smelled and tasted old. Our other guest's prime rib was seriously under cooked based on his request.

My wife and I had tenderloins, she got the 6oz and I got the 9oz. There is no way our portions were correct. Her steak was a 1/4" thick and mine was 1-1/2" thick with the other dimensions of our steaks being about equal.

My wife ordered med-well and I ordered medium. Both of our steaks came out seared, but blood rare. How do you get a 1/4" steak blood rare and think it is med-well? We sent both back to the kitchen. On the second round, both came back blood rare again. Unfathomable. The wait-person didn't stick around to find out if they were cooked to our satisfaction - had to waive the person down. After the third round back to the kitchen, both steaks came out crispy critters. Since our guests were now done eating, we just crunched through the expensive charcoal.

Pièce de résistance: When the wait-person brought out the steaks the third time, he stated that "this has been happening for two weeks now. I'm very frustrated. We've got new cooks and they can't seem to get it right." Where was the chef? I paid $175 for four people to eat at a fine dining establishment specializing in steak and game. What I got was road house cooks who can't tell how well a steak is cooked. And, I'm confident my steak was not aged 21 days as advertised.

I wish this had been a good experience because I spend a lot of time in Jackson and enjoy a good meal. This wasn't a good meal.

6 Thank Mike S