“Still one of my all-time Jackson favorites!”
Review of Blue Lion

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since those early days mostly due to retired head chef, Tim Libassi who's was with me for almost 25 years. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diner. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Jackson Hole
“Still one of my all-time Jackson favorites!”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

You will not be disappointed! Lamb, elk and tenderloins are wonderful, must try the stuffed mushroom appetizer. If you are going for romance, as for "table #2."

• Visited May 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Old Lyme, Connecticut
“Dinner”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Tried this restaurant based on reviews. The rack of lamb was okay - nothing special. Beware of the 2 for 1 dinners. When you first enter the restaurant there is a blackboard advertising the 2 for 1 special. But they don't mention anywhere that they add 20% to your bill and stamp in red that the tip is included. I went to several 2 for 1 dinners in Jackson and not one of them did this and the food was much better. That is shady and sneaky and where is it documented that a tip is required. That is at the discretion of the customer. So if terrible service was given they still get 20%. I will never go back to this restaurant.

Visited April 2014
Victor, Idaho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently the Best”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Consistently the best level of dining in Jackson Hole for over 30 years, and still under the same ownership. Quality of the menu and service can't be outdone in the area.

Visited April 2014
Jackson, Wyoming
“No question at all, the best lamb chops ever.”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We're Jackson residents, so readers may think we could be biased, but for the past 13 years I've come to this restaurant for their lamb chops. We dined here last night, and yet again, while tempted to try something else, my resolve disappeared and I ordered the lamb chops. First, it's a rack of lamb, the portion is huge, and it was perfectly prepared, as ordered. It's New Zealand lamb, but we've traveled extensively in New Zealand, and nothing we tried there compares to how the lamb is prepared here. We were a group of 4, and 3 of us had the lamb. My wife had the shrimp scampi and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's best to make reservations, even in the off-season as it is a popular place for locals and visitors. In the summer, they have an enjoyable deck for outdoor dining. This restaurant has been operating for over 20 years. The only reason I didn't rate it higher, is I've never had any other entree to compare. I think I'm in a rut.

• Visited April 2014
Driftwood, Texas, United States
“Great deal for a great restaurant”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We really lucked out!!! We went to this restaurant the last day of the ski season, and found that they were offering a 2 for 1 since their business had slowed down due to being the end of the season. Since the entrees run around $36.00, this was a great deal for us. Food is too fabulous to detail. The sesame basil vinaigrette salad dressing was to DIE for, the chocolate mousse was melt in your mouth. Check this place out you will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2014