“I did not know Elk could be so delicious”
Review of Blue Lion

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since those early days mostly due to retired head chef, Tim Libassi who's was with me for almost 25 years. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diner. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had dinner with friends while visiting Jackson. Off season is the best time to travel, no crowds and a bonus of 2 for 1 dinners. This place is a little pricey, however, all of the entrees were delicious. I tried the Elk and it was suburb and much more mild than I anticipated. Give this place a try, get there early and make a reservation.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The rack of lamb was amazing! I loved it. My friends ordered the NY Strip and the bacon wrapped tenderloin and both of them were in heaven. Probably the best restaurant in Jackson. Make a reservation!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

You will not be disappointed! Lamb, elk and tenderloins are wonderful, must try the stuffed mushroom appetizer. If you are going for romance, as for "table #2."

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Tried this restaurant based on reviews. The rack of lamb was okay - nothing special. Beware of the 2 for 1 dinners. When you first enter the restaurant there is a blackboard advertising the 2 for 1 special. But they don't mention anywhere that they add 20% to your bill and stamp in red that the tip is included. I went to several 2 for 1 dinners in Jackson and not one of them did this and the food was much better. That is shady and sneaky and where is it documented that a tip is required. That is at the discretion of the customer. So if terrible service was given they still get 20%. I will never go back to this restaurant.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Consistently the best level of dining in Jackson Hole for over 30 years, and still under the same ownership. Quality of the menu and service can't be outdone in the area.