“Small & Independent”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since those early days mostly due to retired head chef, Tim Libassi who's was with me for almost 25 years. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diner. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We love small, single proprietor restaurants and this is one of the best. Same owner for over
30 years and same chef for 25 years. Good wine list for the location and great food.
Go out of your way to Try this place. We discovered it by accident.

1  Thank Bob S
There are newer reviews for Blue Lion

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Go to the Granary much better view! Made reservations online on Wed for dinner Friday night at 7pm. on The Blue Lion Website for my Birthday Dinner. When we showed up we were told.. They are having a problem with those reservations. We were the 4th group that night with the same problem, if we "wanted to stick around" they would see if they could do something! Absolutely ridiculous! If you know you are having a problem, you should try to remedy the situation especially on a Friday night. Season hasn't even started yet...

Reviewed 13 May 2014

You cant say enough about the BLUE LION I love the rack of lamb. With the stuffed mushrooms and of coursed the French onion soup. Get back Im on my way there again soon. It is the best Lamb I have ever eaten anywhere. It is expensive and Im tighter than bark on a tree but it is worth it. I will do it again for sure. We dont drink but we see people enjoying the wine there . they make a big deal of it the waiters are out of this world. your water glass will never be empty.

1  Thank gunsmoke300
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Had dinner with friends while visiting Jackson. Off season is the best time to travel, no crowds and a bonus of 2 for 1 dinners. This place is a little pricey, however, all of the entrees were delicious. I tried the Elk and it was suburb and much more mild than I anticipated. Give this place a try, get there early and make a reservation.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

The rack of lamb was amazing! I loved it. My friends ordered the NY Strip and the bacon wrapped tenderloin and both of them were in heaven. Probably the best restaurant in Jackson. Make a reservation!