“Oh that rack of lamb...”
Review of Blue Lion

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1.5 blocks from Broadway and Millward
Description: The Blue Lion was built as a residential home in the late 1930's, in 1974 it became The Tourist Trap restaurant and then in 1976 The Blue Lion. I bought it in 1978 after graduating college. The Blue Lion has evolved a lot since the early days. We continue to add and change dishes semi-annually. The lamb, elk and fresh fish are our biggest sellers. There was a restaurant in southern California where I grew up that served mud pie and my mother made a home made hot fudge sauce which we incorporated into our own version of mud pie, a local favorite. The restaurant has been enlarged several times, the upstairs dining, the kitchen, the waiting area and the outdoor deck. In the winter The Blue Lion can accommodate 60 diners at one time. In the summer we open the deck enabling us to accommodate 80 diners. We are open nightly at 5:30 and usually feature an acoustical guitarist as entertainment. Let Chef Tony Duren, Sous Chef Zach Swim and the rest of our team treat a wonderful Night.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My son and I shared this dish and it was perfect. Done rare as we like it and the accompanying snap peas were crisp and tender. Our server recommended a wine that was perfect. We sat upstairs in a hidden away cozy room and loved every minute of our experience. My husband and I plan to go back for lamb soon...

Write a ReviewReviews (1,170)

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I have been in Jackson Hole for ten days, and this is without a doubt the number one restaurant in town. My wife had the elk tenderloin tonight, and I had the shrimp with linguine and asparagus. We also shared the stuffed mushroom appetizers. Everything was superb: the food, the service, the atmosphere. Skip the Snake River Grill and come here. You won't regret it.

1  Thank Sonny P
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is a very busy place so we were glad to get a reservation for 8. Dinner was very good, balsamic reduction tenderloin. The waiter was attentive but not overbearing. The wine selection was very good. Business associates all enjoyed their meals, somewhat equally divided among seafood (salmon and Halibut) and beef. Only drawbacks: this is a Pepsi restaurant, and too many stairs as we were seated on the top floor.

1  Thank Mary V
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is a cute little house renovated into a lovely eatery. Soft music playing. Tables a bit too close. Staff attentive. Food great with diverse offerings. In and out door sitting.

2  Thank twominks
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This is a gem tucked into a downtown Jackson side street. Food excellent, service as well, attentive but not hovering servers, well worth the price. Don't miss it!

3  Thank desrlmt