“Not your run of the mill Mexican”

Pica's Mexican Taqueria
Ranked #58 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Jackson, Wyoming
“Not your run of the mill Mexican”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a basic restaurant bordering on a fast food place. You enter the door and the menu is written up on a big board on your right and behind the counter there is a blackboard with today's specials. On your left is the refrigerator with a selection of soft drinks and beer. You order at the cash register and you are given a number to place on the table you select. Your order is brought to you.

The menu is quite varied and goes well beyond the usual Mexican tacos and burritos. A moment exploring the menu will be rewarded with some interesting finds ..... like the vegetarian fajitas burrito I selected. My wife selected the special tacos of the day. Servings are large and tasty. There are several salsas picante on the tables to spice up your selection. Prices are good to very good value for Jackson.

• Visited November 2013

Jackson, Wyoming
“One of the hidden gems in Jackson Hole”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It's always easy to roll into a new town and not discover the harder to find local spots but here is one you can count on. If you're in the mood for fresh Tex-Mex, a good marg and a laid back atmosphere then this is the place to go. As a Jackson Hole local I have to admit to eating here way more than I should and often get take out when I am on the way home. Try a 'wet' burrito and their homemade guac - careful this meal combination is addicting!

Jason Williams

• Visited November 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great cafeteria style Mexican”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

It isn't fancy but the food is great. The margaritas are made with fresh limes, not a sweetened mix, so they are wonderful.

• Visited September 2013
“Service is fast and don't have to tip!”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Tortas are very good, portions are good and service is very good. You bus your own tables, pay when you order, and cooks bring your plate to you when it's ready. Very cool set up in my opinion, like fast food but with good healthy food. I like that they serve authentic rice and black beans instead of refried. Bathrooms are nice and clean too!

Visited September 2013
Jackson, Wyoming
“A frequent patron of Picas”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Obviously, my title says a lot. I take Pilates at Core Pilates in the same center as Picas. It has become a fairly normal thing to go over for lunch after my class. I am curious when I see some of these reviews that are so negative. But, I can agree that any restaurant can have a bad day. ( I am a good cook...but, I have had days when I am not pleased with what I come up with.) I have not had everything on the menu. I tend to get the various tacos. This is not your chain restaurant- salt laden-über-unhealthy variety of Tex Mex food. People who are used to that, will find this is much lighter, much healthier...and not like it, perhaps. There are two things I personally do not care for...they only have sweetened tea. It is lightly sweetened, but frankly, I don't understand why they sweeten it at all. It cuts some tea drinking customers out. Let people sweeten to their hearts' content! But, please let those of us who enjoy unadulterated tea, have the ability to have a glass of tea. The other thing I did not find good here is the chips. Maybe it was a bad day, but...they are thick and rather tough. The guacamole was way too good to be ruined by the chips. I love sitting outside and enjoying the beautiful weather, when possible. This is the kind of place that is funky-down-to-earth. The atmosphere is appealing to locals because it is not over run by tourists. You go in looking like whatever you have just finished doing...biking, climbing, skiing...it is very comfortable in that manner. So, if you want something that is not full of fat and salt and calories, try it. If you want Tex Mex, and want to waddle all the way home, find a different restaurant.

• Visited August 2013