“Authentic Mexican food at an unbeatable price, for those who know the difference”

Pica's Mexican Taqueria
Ranked #63 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I like Tex-Mex as much as anyone, but if you are looking for more authentic Mexican fare that is not drowned in layers of melted cheese, this is the place. It is a combination of sit-down and self-service. You order and pay at the front, pick up your water, napkins and silverware, and then take a seat - your food is then delivered to you, but you are requested to bus your table. They serve a full range of Mexican and local beers, as well as Margaritas. The decor is Spartan, but has some authentic Mexican touches and no sombreros, serapes, or pictures of Pancho Villa on the wall.

In any case, the food is the draw. We came here twice in a 10-day stay. Guacamole is excellent and chips are house-made. On our first visit I had chicken posole soup to start and carne asado enchiladas for a main course. Both very good. The flavors were distinct, and the enchiladas came with a sprinkling of cotijo cheese instead of a layer of melted jack or cheddar. My wife had chicken taquitos, which were also excellent. On our second visit I had cochinito pibil - a Yucatana specialty of slow-cooked pork served with shredded cabbage and salsa fresca and corn tortillas - and my wife had tacos carnitas. Again, very good. Many other menu items looked very tempting, including tacos al pastor, a favorite of mine, and I only wish we had more time to go back again.

1  Thank ckrakoff
There are newer reviews for Pica's Mexican Taqueria

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Pica's environment is a couple of steps above being a fast food place but the food, oh my goodness I am salivating as I recall it all, was plentiful, fresh, delicious and delivered to our table by servers who were surprisingly friendly and cheerful and helpful despite the crowd and by how absolutely busy they all were. The atmosphere is busy and a bit chaotic, so have a beer while you wait for your food and enjoy the show. Your tummy will be happy.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a basic restaurant bordering on a fast food place. You enter the door and the menu is written up on a big board on your right and behind the counter there is a blackboard with today's specials. On your left is the refrigerator with a selection of soft drinks and beer. You order at the cash register and you are given a number to place on the table you select. Your order is brought to you.

The menu is quite varied and goes well beyond the usual Mexican tacos and burritos. A moment exploring the menu will be rewarded with some interesting finds ..... like the vegetarian fajitas burrito I selected. My wife selected the special tacos of the day. Servings are large and tasty. There are several salsas picante on the tables to spice up your selection. Prices are good to very good value for Jackson.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

It's always easy to roll into a new town and not discover the harder to find local spots but here is one you can count on. If you're in the mood for fresh Tex-Mex, a good marg and a laid back atmosphere then this is the place to go. As a Jackson Hole local I have to admit to eating here way more than I should and often get take out when I am on the way home. Try a 'wet' burrito and their homemade guac - careful this meal combination is addicting!

Jason Williams
Jackson, Wyoming

Reviewed 26 September 2013

It isn't fancy but the food is great. The margaritas are made with fresh limes, not a sweetened mix, so they are wonderful.