“Delicious Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Granary

Granary
Reserve with OpenTable
Granary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 144 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$30 - US$45
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Loved the atmosphere, views and service. We sat in the bar area and enjoyed the live music and bar menu. We dined here twice during our week stay at The Aman.

Visited July 2014

Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Celebrating Mom's Birthday Weekend”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Dan & I flew out to celebrate my mom's 82nd birthday weekend. Sometimes, it can be very daunting trying to find a restaurant on the internet, but this place was AMAZING!!! It's a long drive up with many switchbacks, but once you're up there, you'll be thrilled with the view. I don't think there's a bad table in the restaurant. Service was a bit slow at first since our server was somewhat dominated by another table, but a fellow co-worked stepped in to help her out. We started with a smoked trout appetizer which, to my surprise, was hot. There was also some cheese in there which really gave it a nice mouth feel. I really wanted some game and there was a pasta dish with bison & elk tips in it, but it was in a Marsala sauce and I'm highly allergic to mushrooms! I was told the kitchen could make it without them, so that's what I ordered. Dan had the elk loin which was fork tender and mom had a steak. Not sure why she ordered it medium (grrr), but there was a lot of flavor. I know she's been to Jackson quite a bit as has my sister, but they had never been there before. She's talked quite a bit about it since then. So glad we went.

Bakersfield, California
“Great view, average food, subaverage service”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Booked the Granery thru Open Table. On arrival, the hostess couldn't find our reservation but after a few seconds located it. Escorted us downstairs to seat us at a table with an in-window air conditioner blowing on one seat! We declined, and pointed out that a window table had been requested, at which point a manager-seeming person stated that an 8-top had just been vacated and that would be our table, and that we were early (7:55 for an 8:00 reservation).

We eventually were seated at a table with a great view. The food was what I would consider average for this level of restaurant. And the service was well below average. Our waiter whisked the wine list away before we had ordered. The butter was removed before the bread was consumed. Our before dinner cocktails were misdelivered.

Having eaten at the Amangani Grill the night before, the only way the Granary was better was the view. Ambiance was noisy (2 large groups and a vaulted ceiling contributed) and the manager seemed to keep all service staff off balance.

Would we go back? Likely not.

1 Thank 55Kevy
Tenafly, New Jersey
“3 is not 22”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Disappointing dinner our second visit here. Getting our wine and appetizers took a long time but dinner almost took 2 hours from our reservation time. The waiter had mentioned "3 more minutes" and we waited an additional 22 minutes. The food was good, nothing exceptional. The appetizers: roasted pepper soup was good but the calamari was greasy and not even well presented. The elk was good; they are known for that. Getting a vegetarian meal tweaked to a vegan meal proved to be difficult and my daughter waited even longer. The other meals were average. Our dessert of berry fruit tart was overbearing with orange flavor; not expected. If it was not for the exceptional view of the Teton Mountains to keep us in awe, I would have asked for the check before receiving dinner. Sorry, Granary. I think your service was lacking and I enjoyed the experience last summer a lot more.

3 Thank Franci S
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Granary Restaurant”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

we had a group of 12 people for my wife and I 50 year wedding anniversary. We had reservations ahead of time and we were seated at the long table with the Tetons view. Outstanding meal and service by the waiter--not sure his name but he was from Valdosta Georgia and made our party and evening extremely enjoyable. We had our 4 grandchildren along also--he took photos of us and also took time to get to know us and take a photo outside also on his time. The elk tenderloin was outstanding as their main item on the menu. Our best meal out-by far in Jackson Hole. Has to be the best view anywhere in that area. The restaurant also served a cake for our occasion. We had traveled from Indianapolis, Ind. for the week in the Tetons and Yellowstone.