“Amazing - Coffee and Atmosphere Alike”
Review of Persephone Bakery

Persephone Bakery
Ranked #3 of 150 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Inspired by bakeries in France and beyond, Persephone Bakery Boulangerie and Cafe remains rooted in Wyoming, a local orientation expressed in our breakfast and lunch menus' focus on fresh, seasonal ingredients. The cafe carries a core collection of classic artisanal breads as well as a spectrum of sweets, from French croissants and kouign amann to macarons and tarts. To complement our creations, Persephone proudly carries Chicago-based artisanal roaster Intelligentsia Coffee. Housemade flavor syrups and European hot chocolate round out the barista bounty.
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Coming from Washington DC, I have experienced a wide selection of unique coffee shop experiences. However, Persephone Bakery in Jackson has been one of my favorite shops ever. The shop, which was busy for 2:00 in the afternoon, had many desirable traits. It serves simple, but delicious Intelligentsia brand coffee. The service is extremely friendly and efficient. I sampled several pastries, all of which were delicious and went well with the coffee. My favorite part about this shop is it's physical atmosphere. The outdoor seating was simply wonderful. It is hard to describe, but the coffee bar that looks out on the street has tons of herbs planted on it. Each stool looks like it was made out of scrap metal and has a character of its own. All in all, Persephone offers a unique coffee shop experience for both coffee amateurs and experienced coffee critics alike.

1  Thank Zwespe

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We got off to a shaky start in Jackson Hole mostly due to hype & poor service at other establishments, but quickly realized why Persephone is rated #1! The location is excellent, and easy to find/access. The staff are all friendly and accommodating. Efficient, and with a smile on their faces. A small & quaint set up that is very inviting.

The menu options are pretty extensive. We went for breakfast, and were duly impressed. The coffee is excellent, there is a muffin, with a fancy name, but essentially a carrot/raisin muffin, that is unreal. You've never had anything quite like their egg sandwich. The omelets are superb. All around a huge "WOW"!

We sat outside, and enjoyed the amazing weather. The friendly folks - customers & staff alike - all make for a terrific experience. We look forward to going back tomorrow. By the way, they sell vino by the glass, so we plan on coming back over for happy hour!

1  Thank Pineapples-a-Plenty
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was in town for the 4th (unfortunately for work) and fortunately stumbled across this bakery for breakfast. I had the omelette and brussel sprout and sweet potato hash and then I had to splurge and get the chocolate croissant as well. All were tasty and fresh and something I'd get again. The restaurant has a nice porch as well and sitting outside was a wonderful touch. The only disappointment was the charge for a refill of coffee. I know, it's good coffee but charging for a refill seems a bit of a reach. All in all, a great experience that I hope to repeat sometime soon.

2  Thank PassTravelF00l
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Just had a chocolate gluten free cookie and a cappuccino although I lust for gluten this was a scrumptious cookie and excellent cappuccino. Super cool ambiance and very high quality baked goods.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here on our way out of town. We got their ham and cheese croissants, coffee, a latte and a few pastries for the road. Their outdoor patio is like heaven on earth. Their selection is beautiful and very fresh. Don't miss this place while you are in Jackson!