“Wonderful suite” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand View Lodge

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand View Lodge
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
chicago, IL
“Wonderful suite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

What a big surprise when we opened the door! We booked one bedroom suite. There are living room with fireplace, full kicken with laundry room, one bedroom with huge bathroom, and bacony. It is excellent and beyond our expection. The suite is quite, clean and confortable.
The front desk is in the snow resort. The front desk was not friendly with stone face and relucant to answer your question. There was no "welcome, Can I help you, thanks"
NONE! Our door key did not work twice and NO any apology.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Edmonds, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed at a one bedroom condo. These condos are located away from the main hotel complex. As noted by other reviewers, everything is fancy, nice, and quiet - except for the loser loud neighbors in the unit above us. I called the front desk to have security deal with them. That didn't work, and I finally had to drive from the condo to the front desk and demanded that they move me to a different unit. This is more difficult than you think because different units are allocated to different travel agency. For example, I booked through Expedia, and they can only move me to an Expedia-owned unit. Finally, after 2 hours, I was all moved in and settled in bed. I complain about this because when I pay a lot for a property, my expectation level increases.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Otsego, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have mixed feelings about our stay with Grand View Lodge. We stayed here while visiting Grand Teton National Park. The proximity to the park is great. And Jackson is an awesome town.

Upon check in (which is in the Snow King Hotel), you can see a nice open lounge area and an outside pool. The girl at the desk didn't explain much to us; just how to get to our condo and that we could park in the garage. She didn't say anything about an internet password, not a word about whether or not we could use the pool, where to find an ice machine, if there was housekeeping, nothing. Looking back that really irritates me.

The condo itself was ok. Very open and spacious and decorated nicely. Our condo was not very clean (old soap bar in the master bathroom shower, random hairs throughout - ish! - and stains on all the carpet). But it was fine for the most part. The balcony was nice. We did not have a view as one might expect with a name of "Grand View" (only of the condo units across from us). I was disappointed to find our condo did NOT have a full kitchen like we were told we would. Just a little fridge, little sink, and little microwave. It sucked having to walk up two flights of stairs after a long day of hiking (no elevator).

Internet never worked for us. I had to call the front desk to find out what our password was, but we couldn't even connect, so it was for nothing. False advertising there and another disappointment.

We honestly both said it would have been nicer to stay in the hotel instead of the condo. We won't be staying here in the future. Such a disappointment. I can't give it a poor rating because overall it was fine, just expected so much more.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sara S
Woodsboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed here at a one bedroom condo for a conference. Can't say enough good things about the Grand View Lodge! Beautifully furnished condo, with full, modern kitchen, gorgeous master suite and bath, large dining and living room, and lovely view of the mountains from the private balcony. Please don't get these condos confused with the Snow King condos. They are not the same! The Grand View Lodge condos are upscale in every way, set above the hotel complex, with garage parking. We also tried the new restaurant, Haydens Post, and were very much pleased with the dinner. Can't wait to get back to Jackson Hole and book another stay at the Grand View Lodge!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Erie, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was very impressed with the Grand View Lodge, our room was very clean, large and felt like home. Most of this trip I stayed at the Hampton Inn and for the same price we got a whole lot more at the Grand View. When we come back I will stay here. Very nice spot.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Check in at the Snow King Resort desk. Arrived 2 hours before check in but told that the room wasn't ready and that we could use the pool or any of the facilities until it was. We decided to go to the Wildlife Art museum (wish we had chosen the pool to be honest). Apartment was very spacious, separate king bedroom and then drop down queen bed in the lounge. Large open plan kitchen with large fridge freezer, stove, microwave and dishwasher. 2 TV's and 2 bathrooms plus washer and dryer. It also had very large balcony. I had originally booked somewhere else and this came up for about £140 per night on Hotels.com. Really pleased I cancelled and booked Grand View Lodge. We loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Clearfield, Utah, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

I read the other reviews on the Grand View Lodge, and they do not fit the description of the Grand View Lodge I stayed in. The Snow King Resort does have some older condos that do not have air conditioning, whereas the Grand View Lodge is new and modern and beautiful. The older ones are the Snow King Condominiums.

We arrived to the Grand View lodge on a Saturday evening, after attending another event in Teton Village. When we opened the door, and I was amazed. We booked the Three bedroom condo, and I have to say, the place was huge. Behind every door was another surprise. This condo was equipped with a full kitchen, laundry room, and 3 1/2 bathrooms! The master bathroom was huge, and deluxe. It had a jetted garden tub, an awesome shower, walk-in closet and double sinks. The tile work was beautiful, modern, and well done. The other bathrooms were more basic, but with a large group of people in need of a shower, this was a huge plus.

The condo could actually be split from a 3 bedroom to a 1 bedroom and a 2 bedroom condo, as there is a door that separates the main area from the other 2 bedrooms. There are two main front entrances, and several entrances directly to the bedrooms. (The master bedroom has a door to the deck/patio area.) The views from the patio are amazing, as the Grand View Lodge sits above the rest of the resort, and the one we stayed in was a direct view of the Teton mountains.

The bed was comfortable, the pillows could have been a little better, but all in all, I was satisfied with the bedding.

The condo had covered parking for our vehicles, sort of like a garage, but there was no garage door. I was pleasantly surprised by this, because we had equipment in the back of the truck that I didn't want to unload, and I didn't want to get wet in case there was a storm.

The only cons I could think of are the following: The lobby/restaurant/pool were quite a long walk from the condo. We wanted to use the pool facilities, but after walking the distance, we decided that it wasn't worth it on this overnight trip. The restaurant was pricy too.. we decided to order pizza instead.

It was hard to leave when it was time to go, and next time we come to Jackson, it will be for more days, and we will stay here again. It was a little expensive for an overnighter, but Jackson is just that way.

Room Tip: Don't confuse the Grand View Lodge with the Snow King Condos... They are very different accommod...