“Pizza Very Good...Other elements not that amazing”
Review of Artisan Pizza

Artisan Pizza
Ranked #44 of 147 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pizza Artisan & Pasta is the 5th addition to the Blue Collar Restaurant Group. We serve Neapolitan inspired 12 in pizzas made in our custom pizza ovens. All hot appetizers and entrees are also made in the ovens. We offer a variety of pizzas all made with flour imported from Italy. We have 9 San Marzano tomato based pizzas, 4 olive oil and herb based pizzas, and 1 pesto pizza. We also offer a homemade Gluten Free crust and vegetarian options. Happy Hour M-F at the bar and various specials during each season. Our new deck features waterfalls and fire pits or you can sit at the new inside counter and watch everything being made. Try some of our new pasta dishes, you will love them!
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Went to Pizza Artisan after reading reviews. Ordered risotto appetizer, Caesar salad and two different types of pizza. The appetizer left much to be desired. It was lukewarm and could have used more sauce with it. The Caesar salad was one of the worst salads I have ate. It looked and tasted like bagged shredded lettuce with dressing on it. Though the first two courses were not that exciting, we really enjoyed the pizza. We will return...but only for the pizza!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Traveling through Jackson, we were delighted to find this restaurant for dinner. The quiet ambiance on the patio with its water fountain provided a wonderful space to enjoy great, fresh pizza. The service was great, too.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This place serves good descent thin crust pizza. The pizza is medium size 12" and cost US$14.00. One pizza is enough to share between two people. Got the regular wild game pizza (number 7). Its a casual family friendly atmosphere. There is some outside sitting but the outside sitting faces the highway so not a very scenic view. Service was good overall.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We ordered two pizzas for carry out since we were traveling with our dog. I ordered two of the same pizzas without artichokes and added chicken. The price for the pizza as listed on the menu was $14. I ended up paying $32 (without tax ) for both pizzas, and only one of the pizzas had the chicken on it.

The woman who took the order handed the boxed pizzas to me directly so I did not look inside. Big mistake! As we arrived at our hotel we found that one pizza was as ordered, the other one did not have chicken, and came with artichoke. We were very disappointed. On top of that one pizza crust was burned and we were not able to eat all of it (and I love pizza crusts).
I called and let them know. The lady seemed a little tentative, and said maybe they can give us a discount. Well, I would not have paid for the wrong pizza at all, it was not what I ordered. And I did not want to drive back that night because it was late and we were tired.
The toppings were just ok, poor value for what we paid. The chicken we had on only one of the pizzas was cubed, like you get in some of the really cheap chains, and there wasn't much of it.
After all these good reviews I have read, this was a very disappointing experience and I felt ripped off.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Had a great dinner with my family on the deck. Its got the whole package, fire pits, waterfalls,great service and great food. We went last month before 4th of july when it was very busy in jackson and pizza artisan was the perfect place to go and find space from the busy downtown area.