“Great atmosphere & delicious food”

Sweetwater Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 146 Restaurants in Jackson
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We ate lunch at this restaurant on October 24, 2013. The restaurant is housed in a historic cabin and we loved the atmosphere. Both of us had the avacado crab melt and it was delicious. Our waitress was very friendly and attentative to us. We would eat here again, if given the opportunity to do so.

There are newer reviews for Sweetwater Restaurant

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Sweetwater Restaurant is all around a good place. Not an exciting one, not a special one, just a good menu, very nice service and above average value for the meal. The atmosphere is pleasant, open and with seating both inside and out. The menu is varied for a bar type of setting. The drinks are generous, cold. The prices are very fair particularly given the location of Jackson downtown. We would return without hesitation when looking for a local place to have a good meal.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

As we first walked around town to explore restaurant options, we were first caught by the exterior- an old log cabin.
And once we'd walked past most of the town-square options and perused their menus, we walked back to Sweetwater.
The "Fried Green Tomato" sandwich and the Cobb Salad were both fabulous!
My husband and I shared the two and had plenty to eat (it had also come w/ a bowl of soup).

We never had a better lunch on the remainder of our trip- we were never in-town for lunch time again, we were always off exploring.

We also had superb dinners at Sweetwater. The food is fresh and delicious!! One night I had the Cajun trout salad for dinner, other family members had steaks, we were all very satisified.
The second dinner there, I had an appetizer of goat cheese, feta, olives, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic and slices of toasted bread. Together w/ a greek salad- my meal was fabulous again!!
I will revisit Sweetwater when I return to Jackson, Wyoming. THE BEST!!

The atmosphere

Reviewed 15 October 2013

While they were quite busy, we were seated in a timely manner. The building was rustic; resembled an old cabin. Our lunch was very good and plentiful and the waiting staff was courteous and friendly.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

We went here because it was recommended by hotel. I was unhappy with the dining experience. We were seated outdoors (no choice, although they did have indoor seating) on rickety seats and unimpressive picnic tables. For the price we paid this was not my idea of a nice dining experience. My food was tasteless, my daughters chicken was awful, the only good meal was her boyfriends elk pot roast, we sampled and it was yummy. Service was nothing special. Altogether, I wished that we had gone somewhere else.