“People couldn't be nicer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Spotted Horse Ranch
new york
“People couldn't be nicer”
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Just came back from a yellowstone trip. We spent the last part of our trip at the spotted horse Ranch. The cabins and grounds were kept very clean. The wranglers went above and beyond to make the trail rides fun for my four kids. All of the staff went above my expectations to make you feel comfortable. Food was 3 solid homecooked meals with choices if you needed them. There was always coffee , hot chocolate and snacks available. The hours from 5 -7 p.m. were snacks and free drinks of your choice. Horses were all wonderful. After a day there you felt like you were hanging with the family. Fishing was awesome and the kids loved swimming in the creek. We look forward to returning next summer. Thanks for a perfect ending to a great trip.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Silver Bay, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I would love to mention the staff and wranglers by name, but I'm afraid I would forget someone, so to all of you, "Thank You!" I've taken the kids on many summer vacations, but this one tops them all. Your ranch, the riding, the cabin, the whitewater raft trip, fly-fishing in the Ranch's pond, the Hot Springs, the scenery, the food, the friendliness, I could go on and on, all wrapped up to make the best of memories. We stayed in Cabin 10, and it was wonderfully appointed, but yet rustic, as we would want on a Western ranch. It was a beautiful sight watching the horses being run in every morning to the corral. The evening cookouts, with the live entertainment, campfire, s'mores, and visiting with fellow guests and the ranch hands were especially enjoyable.

I cannot express enough THANKS to the kitchen staff who paid great attention to my gluten allergy. Where oftentimes at other destinations, I simply cannot eat what is served, they made certain that I had meals that adhered to my diet restrictions. I'm so grateful.

Although my kids are older, there were several families there with young children. Aside from all the great riding, I noticed that the ranch provided lots of other activities to keep the youngsters busy while "Mom & Dad" enjoyed the social hour hosted every evening by the ranch hands.

Since we were travelling without a car, the shuttle service the ranch offered from Jackson, and then back to the airport at check-out was greatly appreciated.

If you are looking for a Dude Ranch destination, stop searching! Spotted Horse Ranch gets both thumbs up!

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The Spotted Horse Ranch was referred to us by friends who stayed a few years back. It was regarded highly by them and is now regarded very higly by us. The staff made us feel welcome, the food was great (too good, I gained a few pounds eating their treats), the cabins are charming and spottless, the wranglers were friendly and offered an array of different types of rides. And the scenery - magnificent! A person would have to have a very poor attitude not to enjoy this ranch - an excellent vacation was enjoyed by all. We will be back.

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 27 August 2010

The spotted horse ranch was the best part of our vacation. The fly-fishing was great the food fantastic!! They even make me a chocolate and strawberry cake (my favorite) for me when they found out it was my birthday. It was great to hang out after a great day of fishing with the staff and relax in the saloon or read by the river. After some encouragement I even rode a horse for the first time ever and loved it! We will be back when our busy schedules allow. I would recommend this place without reservation and have to all my friends and family. I really can’t say how much it meant to me to be in a relaxing place with great staff that felt like I was with family not just some hotel staff. They did everything to make sure we had an amazing and memorable trip. The rooms are very nice and comfortable and the whole place is great to just get away from the world and relax. I would love to say thank you to the all staff Kevin, Sheryl, Megan, Ashton, Kyle, Dean, Diane, Jason, Wes and anyone I forgot (I’m sorry) at the spotted horse ranch. You are all the Best.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 13 August 2010

I have had the pleasure of visiting the Spotted Horse Ranch with a corporate group for the last 4 years. While this is actually the 15th year the company has elected to take our best customers to, we hope to continue for many years to come. Kevin and staff went above and beyond to make our stay memorable and pleasant. Each and every one of our guests had an amazing time at the ranch and it was the great staff at the ranch along with wonderful Jackson Hole weather that made it possible. Food was fabulous. Rooms very cozy and very clean. Atmosphere was top notch. We have had some customers inquire on taking family trips there as well they were so impressed. Keep up the great work Kevin and Staff. We look forward to next year!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Valley Center, California
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This ranch has a fabulous location and some of the best trail horses I have ridden at a guest ranch but it really ends there. Having been to a guest ranch for the last 3 summers I though I knew what to expect but this was far, far below that.

The cabins are fine but lack any attention to detail. Missing screens on windows, which is huge with the mosquitoes, no drain plugs in the bathroom, making it a pain to shave, and stairs to the porches that are dangerous.

The food is mediocre at best and made worse by the fact that it is always served cold. We were all hoping for home-style food and ended up with grilled American cheese sandwiches, served more then once in a week, and spaghetti sauce thinned down and called tomato soup. Not good.

I really feel that this ranch could be so much better. Like I said the location and horses are great but the GM really needs to pay more attention to detail. Since this ranch is not owner operated it really feels like not much pride is taken in what they are doing, just doing the job.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank spinayarnforewe
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2010

brilliant time had by all - nothing was too much trouble. The food was good, our cabin was lovely, the staff very friendly. An excellent holiday destination.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa - A Noble House Resort
Rustic Inn Creekside Resort and Spa at Jackson Hole
Four Seasons Resort and Residences Jackson Hole
Hotel Terra Jackson Hole, A Noble House Resort
The Lodge at Jackson Hole

Been to Spotted Horse Ranch? Share your experiences!