“Nice ranch for a week's holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jackson
Spotted Horse Ranch
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Went to the Spotted Horse Ranch for a week and had a nice time. The wranglers and the horses were well cared for and since our group was very small they let us pretty much do what we wanted which meant lots of cantering and running around. The cabins are well cared for and comfortable - though the showers are too small and dark which made showering a bit difficult. The staff were quite nice and accommodating and friendly. The food....well, I have to say the food was not quite up to pare. It was mostly frozen vegetables, processed desserts, bland main courses and really nothing special to write home about. I guess I was expecting something really special....but it was not. Still, I would return to Spotted Horse ranch again since the riding was great, you can't beat the scenery (my cabin was RIGHT on the river - it was amazing!) and the people were nice. A bit pricey compared to other ranches in the area but not too much higher. And one can always drive into Jackson Hole for a real meal if good food is high on your list.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HannahRome

Reviewed 15 October 2010

This was a place for us to take some needed time away from the city and see Yellowstone and some more of our beautiful country. We had an enjoyable visit from start to finish - this is a well kept property with very good people doing whatever is needed to make the guests comfortable and the stay pleasant. Great food, clean cabin, pretty horses and attentive staff - lots of freedom and options for spending our time alone or in good company with other guests or staff at the lodge. Thanks for the memories, we loved it all!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2010

This was my fifth trip to the Spotted Horse Ranch. That should be enough said but I will expand. Kevin Watkins and his staff will go way out of their way to ensure that you and your family members get the very most from your western vacation. Their goal is to create all smiles for all age groups. The facility is excellent and the riding stock is wonderful for all ages. Take the time to enjoy the guided fishing/ rafting and outdoor ranch style meal across the river at one of their cookouts. It's not easy to cook items in black iron pots but they have mastered the art. I have been to the Jackson area 26 different times for hunting, fishing, backpacking and to have the western experience and this facility will provide the best of all. The rooms are log cabin style and located along the river with great views and the quiet sound of the river running through. It was nice to get away from the phone, Television and enjoy what is truly important, Family and Friends

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2010

This was my second trip to Spotted Horse Ranch. First time my wife and daughter spent a week (2008). This year, I decided to take a few days and ride horses, fish and relax. Kevin, Kyle, Ashton, Zack, Dan, Christian and the entire Spotted Horse staff worked extremely hard to make sure all guests were taken care of. I spent two nights at the ranch and three nights at the camp 13 miles up. Rode horses into camp. Excellent food and great hospitality. Horses were extremely easy to work with and camping facilities were nice. Heated tents. Fly fishing opportunities were abundant.

I would recommend this ranch to families who want to enjoy the outdoors and fellowship.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank tchason
Reviewed 8 September 2010

A couple of old high school buddies and I stopped here for a few days on our way back home from attending the Sturgis motorcycle rally in SD. When we arrived they sent us across the river for a cook out. The food was excellent; the meat on the ribs fell off the bone and melted in your mouth. The cabins are very clean but at first I thought what - no TV? But after the first night of hearing the stream running and the birds were singing in the morning - I was so glad there wasn't a TV or radio polluting the serenity of this place.

In summary the food was Excellent, the staff was very friendly and helpful and scenery was Excellent!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Just came back from a yellowstone trip. We spent the last part of our trip at the spotted horse Ranch. The cabins and grounds were kept very clean. The wranglers went above and beyond to make the trail rides fun for my four kids. All of the staff went above my expectations to make you feel comfortable. Food was 3 solid homecooked meals with choices if you needed them. There was always coffee , hot chocolate and snacks available. The hours from 5 -7 p.m. were snacks and free drinks of your choice. Horses were all wonderful. After a day there you felt like you were hanging with the family. Fishing was awesome and the kids loved swimming in the creek. We look forward to returning next summer. Thanks for a perfect ending to a great trip.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I would love to mention the staff and wranglers by name, but I'm afraid I would forget someone, so to all of you, "Thank You!" I've taken the kids on many summer vacations, but this one tops them all. Your ranch, the riding, the cabin, the whitewater raft trip, fly-fishing in the Ranch's pond, the Hot Springs, the scenery, the food, the friendliness, I could go on and on, all wrapped up to make the best of memories. We stayed in Cabin 10, and it was wonderfully appointed, but yet rustic, as we would want on a Western ranch. It was a beautiful sight watching the horses being run in every morning to the corral. The evening cookouts, with the live entertainment, campfire, s'mores, and visiting with fellow guests and the ranch hands were especially enjoyable.

I cannot express enough THANKS to the kitchen staff who paid great attention to my gluten allergy. Where oftentimes at other destinations, I simply cannot eat what is served, they made certain that I had meals that adhered to my diet restrictions. I'm so grateful.

Although my kids are older, there were several families there with young children. Aside from all the great riding, I noticed that the ranch provided lots of other activities to keep the youngsters busy while "Mom & Dad" enjoyed the social hour hosted every evening by the ranch hands.

Since we were travelling without a car, the shuttle service the ranch offered from Jackson, and then back to the airport at check-out was greatly appreciated.

If you are looking for a Dude Ranch destination, stop searching! Spotted Horse Ranch gets both thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family