“Good Service /Need a better cleaning Detail”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 16 June 2010

The locations was great and the staff very friendly.
The Hotel seems pretty new and well maintaned.
I will recommend to the Management to follow up on the Standards on cleaning the room and replacement linens. Found hair inside the bed, that was not mine and pillows smelled dirty.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N2dd
307-739-9899, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback and I appologize for the cleanliness discrepancies you encountered during your stay. We have as recently as yesterday reviewed our cleaning guidelines and have implemented some corrective actions to prevent this from occuring again. I have also reached out to our linen provider and advised them of the concerns we have with the linen they are sending us. With more attention on both items I am confident that we will make an immediate improvement in the cleanliness standards we hold ourselves to. Thank you again and we hope to see you in Jackson again.

Reviewed 16 June 2010

Originally I had booked the Homewood Suites for 1 night with my Hilton points. Due to a medical emergency we had to come in 1 night early. Lynn was very helpful to us.
The suite was great, the beds most comfortable and the staff very accomodating. Unfortunatley we spent more time at the hospital and the room and did not get to see much of Jackson itself. We hope to return one day.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank tvlgal

Thank you for taking time to complete a review of our hotel. All feedback is welcomed and encouraged. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel but remoresed to see that you spent more time in the hospital than out and about enjoying Jackson and our facility. I hope that you make it a point to come back and choose to stay with us. Hope you are feeling better and thank you for the recognition you provided Lynn.

Reviewed 9 June 2010

I had no problem on two previous stays in the off season while the snow was melting and they appreciated the business and room rates were reasonable then! Except for the small rooms. Picture diving onto the bed from the doorway because you can barely fit between the bed and the wall!

As soon as the sun comes out and Yellowstone opens beware! They hold you to that 72 hour cancellation policy no matter how loyal you are to the Hilton group. I had my corporate travel agent book the one night stay only to realize that I should have cancelled before I even took my trip! Turned out that I got my project finished a day early and thought great now I can get home a day early and not have to be travelling on my daughters first birthday.

I personally spoke with Lynn. She rudely told me that even if I held a shotgun to her head that she could do nothing for me and I would have to call in the morning and talk to Chris or Joe.Then my after hours travel agent called her and must not have gotten any better results because the $274.54 no show room charge was posted on my AMX bill on Monday morning.
I spoke with Joe today and he said that there was one room vacant that night and if they had sold out he would not have a problem refunding me. Hey at least he tried! Gosh it's not even a full refund that I am after,a discount would be nice, but just some courtesy and appreciation for choosing to be loyal to the Hilton group would have perhaps changed my opinion of this Hotel.

Ultimately I should have caught the fine print on my itinerary earlier, and have been psychic to know that I would be done sooner than planned and everyone would have been happy!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank JJdeVilliers
307-739-9899, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2010

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about our hotel. Regardless of whether its good or bad we welcome feedback and use it as a training tool We do sincerely appreciate your business and thank you for choosing to stay with us when in Jackson. I am sorry that we were unable to credit back your no-show charge and for the way it was handled. It is not our inention to be rude or discourteous, but sometimes taking a firm stance can be missinterpreted. We could certainly have been more sensitive and respectfull as indeed you are a loyal customer to Hilton.

Due to our location unfortunatly we do not have much opportunity to capture last mintue business as in other cities which is why we must maintain and firmly adhere to a 72 hr policy. Most hotels in Jackson have either a 7 day cancel policy or require a full non-refundable deposit in additition to a 72hr cxl policy making ours the most lenient cxl policy in Jackson. On behalf of the entire team, we hope this experience does not prevent you from staying with us or any other Hilton property. Thank for your patronaige and hope to see you again in Jackson.

Reviewed 30 May 2010

There is a lot to like about this hotel, but a few issues kept me from rating it a five that I'll mention below. However, I would definitely stay here again and overall the experience was positive. The location is just a few short blocks to downtown and out of the chaos of that area, which is nice.

We loved the comfortable Hilton beds and plush linens. After a week in a Yellowstone hotel, anything would have been better, but the beds here were fantastic. As others have mentioned, the bedrooms are very small. We had to keep our luggage in the living room because the bedroom is completely filled with beds. That was a minor inconvenience, not a big deal. The room was quiet and we couldn't hear slamming doors in the bedroom with the door closed.

Breakfast and dinner service were very good. There was a different featured item at breakfast every morning in addition to scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, canned fruit salad, juices, pastries, etc. The evening meals were good for a free meal and were a nice convenience when you're tired and don't want to go out. I was especially impressed that the food was kept fully stocked up to the very last minute and the staff went around and asked if anyone wanted more before they put it away at the end.

The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. The manager of the hotel was always around and visible, which is unusual and shows he cares about his guests.

We had an issue at check-in and had to change rooms, but it was handled promptly with no hassle. However, I do think the front desk should be aware of a major thing like the draperies missing from a room before assigning someone to it, especially when the hotel isn't full.

There were several small things that were annoying when added up. The room was clean, not spotless. The bathroom walls needed a good wipe-down and there was a long black hair stuck to the back of the bathroom door when we arrived and it was still there when we left. The sign saying the dishes are clean had something sticky all over it. The furniture needed to be vacuumed (hairs all over it) and spot cleaned. It wasn't gross, but it wasn't all that clean either. The air condtioning didn't cool the room below 72, which is OK during the day, but I like it cooler for sleeping. The bathtub filled with water during a shower, which is something I think housekeeping should have noticed...same with a burned out lightbulb in the ceiling of the living room. The one big peeve of mine is what really caused me to knock a star off my rating...I absolutely hate it when housekeeping knocks on the door on check-out morning to see when you are leaving...this happened at 10:30am even though we had the Do Not Disturb sign out and check-out time isn't until noon. There is no excuse for that.

Even with the issues mentioned, I would choose this hotel again if the price was right. I do think it is somewhat overpriced for what it is, even for Jackson, but in the off season it isn't too bad. I would recommend it for the comfortable beds alone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davegidd
307-739-9899, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2010

I greatly appreciate your feedback and honest review and glad that our short falls did not create a negative stay on your vacation. We will address your concerns with the team and make every effort to better the experience for the next guest! Come back and visit.

Reviewed 26 May 2010

We were extremely pleased with this hotel. The rooms are a bit smaller than the typical Homewood, but are still bigger than the normal hotel room and are priced about the same. The customer service was outstanding. We reported a problem with our thermostat to Lynn at the front desk and within five minutes, it was fixed. We were also offered a free movie for our inconvenience, which I felt was rather generous given the very minor problem. Others (I didn't catch all the names) were just as helpful. Requests were always promptly answered and the staff members were always very friendly. In an industry that seems to be forgetting about serving the customer, these folks get it right. If we ever get back to Jackson, I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
307-739-9899, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. We sincerely appreciate it. The entire team takes great pride in servicing our guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. See you next time in Jackson Hole.

Reviewed 22 May 2010

We just completed our stay in Jackson, WY and we stayed at the hilton homewood suites in Jackson. I ended up making reservations thru a phone call to Lynn, one of the managers at the hotel. She was just a wealth of information and so pleasant to talk to. She gave us all sorts of tips and suggestions during our stay. We ended up getting a better rate thru her than online. She was just as surprised, so I am glad I called. The rooms were always neat and clean. From the moment we walked in to the time we left, everyone at the hotel was friendly, always a good morning (even when we woke up at 5 am to catch the sights at yellowstone/grand teton. With the complimentary breakfast (always something just cooked) to the meals at night (not bad at all) and of course the cookies at night the price was just right! With meals out and 4 people to pay for it can get very costly. We were even impressed to have the general manager Joe helping out at the dinners at night and driving us to the airport. Hilton had better take note of this, because its rare to see the #1 person helping to that extent at their hotels! Just a great experience at the hotel making us all feel like family. Thanks Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: May 2010
307-739-9899, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2010

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and had so many wonderful things to say about our hotel and staff. Hope to see you in Jackson Hole perhaps this winter.

Reviewed 20 April 2010

I travel for work a great deal and whenever I am in this area, once a month, I stay at the Homewood Suites. Since I have enjoyed this hotel so much while I am traveling for work I have also stayed at this hotel with my family when we go to Jackson for recreation. It is located only a few blocks from downtown Jackson Hole which makes it easy to walk anywhere. The hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub. The work out center may need a little updating but most people that go to Jackson are doing exercise outside. The hotel also has a great breakfast and a complimentary dinner every night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
307-739-9899, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Jackson, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to compliment our hotel. We appreciate your comments and thank you for your continued loyalty. We'll see you in a few weeks.