“Lost my reservation and zero help!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Snake River Park KOA and Cabin Village

and 1 more site!
Snake River Park KOA and Cabin Village
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lost my reservation and zero help!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We reserved a camping cabin at the Snake River KOA several days prior to our arrival. We drove there from Yellowstone NP as part of our family cross country trip. This KOA is quite a distance from the town of Jackson Hole. When we arrived, they had no record of our reservation and no cabins available. The people at the front desk spent a fair amount of time trying to find our confirmation and reservation in their system, and also asked a lot of questions about who took my reservation and when I made it, but they had no cabin to offer us anyway. They wasted our time while my hungry and tired wife and two kids waited in the car. The office manager then let me know that the only room they had available was a studio room for $189 per night (the cabin we reserved was $90). I told her that they should give us the studio room for the $90 rate that we had agreed to. She said they could not do that and refused to call the owner to ask him, even though it was now 4:30 p.m. and they had no other room to offer us. They handed us a list of hotels in Jackson Hole and suggested we start calling them, they didn't even offer to make any calls to find us a room. To top things off, my credit card had been charged for the cabin, so more of my vacation time was wasted on the phone to the credit card company to dispute the charge. I called the owner, Tom, the next day and he did apologize, but said he would not have offered us a studio room for the $90 rate. He was most intent on finding out who took the reservation so he could fire that employee. I told him that was absolutely no help to me at all. The right thing to do was either to give me the room he had available at the rate that I had reserved for the cabin, or at least help me find another room in the area. As it turned out we stayed at the Kudar Motel, which is right in the town of Jackson and much closer to the Grand Teton National Park. The staff there was extremely helpful, the rates were reasonable, and the accomadations were comfortable. I would stay at the Kudar again if I was returning to Jackson Hole.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jim G

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Too small of sites. KOA "Parking guides" guided an RV into our new truck and would not even apologize. They said they weren't looking at that side of the guy's RV. Lousy service, no playground or pool. Not holding to reputation of KOA, in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kh2150
Oroville, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

Not a place to go with an RV. Very small, cramped area to try to back into, and we had a truck and camper. Place is very uneven and full of pot holes, and when you do get into your spot, you can almost touch the RV on either side and in back of you. Electrical hook-ups are overloaded; water hook-ups are one pipe with multiple "Ys" for use by several sites; sewer connection was under the picnic table. All for a wonderfully high price...KOA should make an onsite review and insist they improve to KOA standards. We did not stay, forfeited our money (we reserved online, site unseen, so they already had our fee),and drove 3 more hours to another KOA. The reviews I see here are mostly for the cabins, which seemed very nice. But KOA is more than just about their Kabins. We wrote to the KOA corporate office. Hopefully, something will be done....RVers, BEWARE of this KOA!

Room Tip: RVers, look for another place to stay!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ron S
Kingfisher, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

My husband and I camped in a tent near the river. It was nice listening to the river but it was a good distance from the bathrooms. The bathrooms were small but the showers was your own private little room which was awesome but you had to wait your turn for a while. And they were clean. Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Demea
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2012

This place is so pretty it's amazing !!!We had a tent site right on the river. It was very loud in a peaceful soothing way. It was the most I ever paid for tent camping but well worth it. I got free coffee every morning. They are supposed to charge but I had my own KOA mug:)
My son loved the lodge. The whitewater rafting was super fun.Stage 1!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for river view or river adjacent!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

Seriously. I've been in a TON of KOA's and this one is the best I have ever found. The cabins are great. Their low end one was better than any other KOA cabin I've seen so far. Next year I will stay in the moderate cabin....I don't need their fancy cabins. Staff was exceedingly friendly. The roving golf cart full of wood for sale every night was awesome!

The bathrooms and showers at this KOA are the highest quality I have found. Maybe they need more and don't try the smaller one during busy times. (If anyone flushes a toilet the shower will get cold) but the main shower house was top quality.

We would go and collect rocks along the Snake River at night. What a great way to finish the day...wading up to my knees in the Snake! You can't go wrong with this KOA. I could stay for a week!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank marlawscc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012 via mobile

The staff were friendly and welcoming. The park was well maintained and the toilets and shower facilities were clean, with a toilet and shower in your own private room. We stayed in RV site 27. The wireless signal wasn't very strong and was intermittent. The park was in an excellent location to visit Grand Teton NP and was only 10 miles away from Jackson Hole. Cheapest supermarket with the best selection was Smiths.
The Park offers rafting trips on the Snake River, which runs alongside the Park, though we didn’t have time to try this out

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
#1 of 4 in Wilson
The Lodge at Jackson Hole
The Lodge at Jackson Hole
#10 of 41 in Jackson

Been to Snake River Park KOA and Cabin Village? Share your experiences!