We reserved a camping cabin at the Snake River KOA several days prior to our arrival. We drove there from Yellowstone NP as part of our family cross country trip. This KOA is quite a distance from the town of Jackson Hole. When we arrived, they had no record of our reservation and no cabins available. The people at the front desk spent a fair amount of time trying to find our confirmation and reservation in their system, and also asked a lot of questions about who took my reservation and when I made it, but they had no cabin to offer us anyway. They wasted our time while my hungry and tired wife and two kids waited in the car. The office manager then let me know that the only room they had available was a studio room for $189 per night (the cabin we reserved was $90). I told her that they should give us the studio room for the $90 rate that we had agreed to. She said they could not do that and refused to call the owner to ask him, even though it was now 4:30 p.m. and they had no other room to offer us. They handed us a list of hotels in Jackson Hole and suggested we start calling them, they didn't even offer to make any calls to find us a room. To top things off, my credit card had been charged for the cabin, so more of my vacation time was wasted on the phone to the credit card company to dispute the charge. I called the owner, Tom, the next day and he did apologize, but said he would not have offered us a studio room for the $90 rate. He was most intent on finding out who took the reservation so he could fire that employee. I told him that was absolutely no help to me at all. The right thing to do was either to give me the room he had available at the rate that I had reserved for the cabin, or at least help me find another room in the area. As it turned out we stayed at the Kudar Motel, which is right in the town of Jackson and much closer to the Grand Teton National Park. The staff there was extremely helpful, the rates were reasonable, and the accomadations were comfortable. I would stay at the Kudar again if I was returning to Jackson Hole.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Snake River Park KOA, Whitewater and Cabin Village in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The Jackson Hole area is an outdoor lover’s paradise, and Snake River Park offers you an unprecedented opportunity to base-camp in the middle of world famous national parks, rivers, lakes, and forests. Located on the banks of the Snake River, you are minutes from inspiring hikes through Grand Teton National Forest or the wildlife viewing of Yellowstone. And it’s mere minutes to horseback riding and the natural hot springs of the Gros Ventre Wilderness — not to mention exciting and beautiful rafting trips down the Snake River. Whether you need one of our Lodges with a full bathroom and kitchen, a "Kamping Kabin" overlooking the Snake River, a tent site on Horse Creek, or RV site, we are thrilled to accommodate you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Snake River Park KOA and Cabin Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Snake River Park Koa And Cabin Village Hotel Jackson
- Snake River Park KOA And Cabin Village Jackson Hole, Wyoming