“Worst RV park experience ever!”

Snake River Park KOA and Cabin Village
“Worst RV park experience ever!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

The office staff and management were completely inflexible when we had 3 individual reservations. We were told and then threatened we had to come back and move (the move ended up being 15 feet) after we were already 20 miles on the mountain. We were then told that we had made 2 reservations for the 3rd night (wi-fi is terrible) they would not refund our money (corporate changed this) After my son broke his arm, we just wanted to the nightmare to end. Once again the staff was rude and even called the police to evict us. The manager was verbally abusive and threatening in front of my children. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Kurt R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Kabins were exceptional. The flowers and trees within the camp were beautiful. Being able to listen to the Snake river flowing provided a peaceful atmosphere. Having the Hansen rafting outfit at the KOA was an extra benefit. Very comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and a great kitchenette made this KOA a perfect place to stay. A big thank you to a fantastic staff (Vickie!)

Room Tip: I would suggest a Kabin near the river. No pool or fitness center but couldn't adjust the rating...
1 Thank Leisa A
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the larger cabin. I have 3 small children: 3,6 and 9. They loved it. Cabins clean and had everything. I wish that I requested a cabin along the river for a better view. It is a little out of the way from Jackson. After traveling thru Yellowstone it seems even farther away. We headed to Mt Rushmore from there so very convenient to travel in that direction.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank chey1234
Dillon, Montana
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family and I love staying at KOA's while traveling. I would not come to this one again though, and I am shocked I'm saying that about a KOA grounds. Management on the phone was pleasant and nice, however, when booking our site, we needed a tent spot, we thought we were getting a gorgeous spot, I'm sure it was we just never saw it.
This is not your typical KOA, it is geared toward cabins. a great selection of cabins.. but when you need a tent spot, it's nice to be able to drive up to it. We got into Jackson way after dark, and maybe I'm spoiled by other experiences, but after hiking all day, I was not expecting to pack my gear even farther, in the dark. Not typically a problem, since we backpack in backcountry a lot, but that experience in not why I go to a KOA while traveling.
Also, the minor detail the woman must have missed, although assuring me it would be no problem, is that I would be camping that night in my vehicle, I was very clear on this, as some tent sites are not suitable for this. There is no way to get a vehicle to the tent sites, a bike, yes, a car of any size, no.
I'm sure the tent sites and such were nice, idk, I slept in the parking lot and left before the sun was up, did not want to waste any more time there then necessary. I also saw where one guest had had their reservation taken by someone else wanting the open RV spot.
No refund was given, even though had I known the parking situation, I would have made other arrangements, and the fact that the woman working there was adamant that I would be fine to park my vehicle at our site. Wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't overpriced as well.

1 Thank Courtney A
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Do you like your campgrounds expensive and crowded with a side of loud guests and rude, condescending management? Yes? Well, this KOA is the place for you!

Upon check-in, the management failed to disclose the fact that a wedding would be taking place at the campground during our stay... Throughout the entire weekend, we were subjected to loud groups of wedding guests scattered throughout the campground - most notably at the tent site directly next to ours. For two nights in a row, we were kept awake until 1-2:00 in the morning by the sounds of 15-20 people partying, drinking, playing the guitar AND DRUMS. My husband and I complained to our "neighbors" on multiple occasions until the noise finally stopped.

Upon check-out, I spoke to the manager on duty and described how disappointed we were that the management seemed to prioritize the needs of the wedding party over their other guests, that management should have patrolled the grounds more often, and that we paid a lot of money for a riverside tent site ($55/night) - and experience disturbed by a bunch of drunken 20-somethings.

The manager not only refused even a partial refund, he offered NOT EVEN A SIMPLE APOLOGY. Instead, he actually doubled-down and blamed me for not finding him in the middle of the night instead of complaining directly to the party-goers. He was rude, condescending, and told me he didn't care if I ever returned to KOA.

RUDE. RUDE. RUDE. LOUD. LOUD. RUDE.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank SonjaSLC
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed 2 nights in a deluxe cabin. It was clean, comfortable and well equipped. We enjoyed being close to Jackson, WY and yet being adjacent to the Snake River. The staff were friendly and attentive. The lodge was welcoming and spacious.

1 Thank Kurt S
Mercer Island, Washington
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We loved our camping cabin overlooking the Snake River. It was nice to see the river while cooking over the campfire. We roasted some great Wyoming sweet corn. The bathrooms were very nice. Hotels in Jackson Hole are expensive, so the camping cabin was a great value. I'm ready to go back. After camping in a tent at Yellowstone at 8,000ft and the temp dropped to 30F, the cabin felt like we were staying at the Ritz. I would highly recommend this KOA.

1 Thank Robert K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jackson
Wyoming Inn of Jackson Hole
#10 of 40 in Jackson
Flat Creek Inn
Flat Creek Inn
#21 of 40 in Jackson

Been to Snake River Park KOA and Cabin Village? Share your experiences!