“we had the best vacation! We are still talking about it.”

Teton Wagon Train & Horse Adventure
Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“we had the best vacation! We are still talking about it.”
Reviewed 28 August 2011

My two girls (7 and 12) and I had the best time! Tasty cowboy cooking, evening stories around the camp fire, and fresh cool mountain air were great. It was so much fun to ride horses two or three times each day. Both of my girls still talk about their favorite horses and what they liked about them.

Jeff Wharburton leads the wagon train expertly. He has thought of everything ahead of time and is prepared for any thing, from rain to Indian raids. Jeff's wagon train crew are some of the nicest young men and women you will meet anywhere. By the second day they knew everyone by name and went out of their way to make everyone feel like a member of the family.

Neither of my girls had ever done anything like this before, and were a little unsure of what this was going to be like. Both loved it! They grew up some in the space of the four day trip - they learned some perspective on the everyday little things that happen in life and became more patient.

We took the 4 day/3 night trip. It gave us enough time to really get into the spirit of things.

We plan to return next year for another trip.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank peter w

Richland, PA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A truly wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 28 September 2010

What a great adventure! Jeff, Cindy and their staff were super. This was our 3rd trail ride and we are definitely going again next year. The food was outstanding, the scenery lovely, peaceful trail rides and the crew knowledgeable and very helpful. The tents were roomy and the sleeping bags and mattresses... so comfortable. There was hiking, canoeing on Loon Lake, laughing at Buddy the camp dog, stories and songs around the camp fire and as someone stated in a previous review, a sky full of stars! A very relaxing time. We had a great time getting to know our new friends. No one wanted the trip to end, lots of tears on Thursday as we hugged the staff and boarded the bus back to Jackson Hole.

A truly wonderful experience!

1 Thank trailrider07
Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Vacation I've Ever Had”
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Jeff and his staff were wonderful and made us all feel a part of the "old west". From the delicious food, entertainment, trail rides, camp fires in the evening to helping with the horses and just enjoying the beauty around us, this trip was relaxing, entertaining and informative. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed it and have talked about going again. The staff worked so hard to ensure we all had a good time. What a crew!

1 Thank Sricher
Punta Gorda, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What an adventure!”
Reviewed 3 August 2010

Jeff, Cindy, and their crew delivered everything they said in their brochure and website. The scenery was beautiful. We went the 2nd week of July and enjoyed fields of wild flowers of every hue. The food was great. The horses were well trained and cared for. Most of all we enjoyed the camaraderie with the crew and the other guests. We hiked, horseback rode, canoed at lakes, and enjoyed evenings at the campfire under the stars.

1 Thank burkejh
Kingsport, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“So happy that I went, but so sad it's over.”
Reviewed 1 August 2010

My two sisters and I have just returned from the Teton Wagon Train and Horse Adventure, and we all agree that this is one of the greatest experiences of our lifetimes. I have been on vacations to all different types of places (Caribbean cruises, Niagara Falls, Las Vegas, Disney World, Florida and South Carolina beaches), but none has ever affected me the way this trip has. The scenery in the mountains and meadows was beyond words, the food was excellent and plentiful, the activities were so entertaining,and the accomodations were more than we expected ,however rustic and basic they may seem. But it was the people and the crew that made our time together something that I will never forget. I have never been treated with such gracious hospitality and genuine warmth.

We slept in tents with sleeping bags, took a dip in a mountain stream, ate exceptional meals prepared in Dutch ovens, sang around the campfire, hiked and rode horses on some of the most breath-taking trails imaginable. All the gear we needed was provided and included in the cost of the trip. This made packing and air travel much simpler. If you don't feel comfortable riding on horseback, you have the option of riding in a covered wagon pulled by teams of draft horses. Some members of our group even hiked from camp to camp. Basically, you are free to choose which type of travel makes you most happy.

We felt completely at ease with all the crew instantly from our arrival, and when we pulled away in the bus, there were more than a few tears shed. Not only did they provide the opportunity for me to have the best vacation EVER, but I feel that I made lasting friendships that will carry me through the year until I go back. And I WILL go back!

I feel that I had the type of experience that touches your heart and soul, and that I have now been "spoiled". I am afraid no other vacation would ever measure up, so I will just continue to return to this one, because having a great time is a sure thing!!

Jeff and all the rest made this an unforgettable time in my life, and they are all top-notch people who haven't forgotten how to show some real western cowboy hospitality and treatment. Eventhough we were outdoors, we all felt that we received royal "VIP" and personal attention that you can't get in other vacation situations. We formed attachments with every one, including the camp dog, Buddy, and learned all the horses by name.

Tonight I am in a very nice hotel with feather pillows, down comforters, hot and cold running water, air conditioning, tv, internet, electricity and all the modern conveniences, but I would gladly trade it all to be back in the mountain by the campfire in my tent without a moment's hesitation. I've been weepy all day just because I really don't want to leave.

Eventhough words can't truly do justice to the days and nights that we just had, I would highly,highly recommend the Teton Wagon Train and Horse Adventure for every one, of all ages, backgrounds and fitness levels, from children to seniors. A good time will be had by all!!!!

4 Thank Wendy72610