“An Awesome Adventure”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“An Awesome Adventure”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I recently went on this adventure. It was truly a unique experience and we really enjoyed it. This is not our 'usual' kind of vacation, but we went away with more respect for our pioneer ancestors and the tremendous risks and inconveniences they experienced. Jeff and his crew are some of the hardest workers I have ever seen! They worked from dawn until midnight - and always with a smile. We had a choice each day of hiking, horseback (if available) and riding in the wagon train. My husband hiked and I rode a horse or in the wagon. Good food at every meal and alot of options to do once we were in camp. It was a great experience!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank antiquarian5

Moreton in Marsh England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“We Were Cowboys and Girls”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Deciding to go on the Teton Wagon train and horse adventure based on the information on the internet was a bit of a gamble. However, you have to win when one now and again. This was among the best things we have ever done! The attitude, skill and enthusiasm of Jeff and the wranglers was an example to us all. They were up before six and did not get back to bed until we were all tucked in and they had serenaded us all with the "Trash Song". We may have been lucky, although I don't think so, but the group we were with, who were from all over the U.S.A, were among the nicest people you could meet. The food was very good, the horses were gentle and responsive, there were plenty of opportunities for horse riding, the tents were easy to erect and the atmosphere was brilliant. If you want a very different experience and don't mind being less than clean for a few days, do this! We travelled with a sixty-something mother-in-law, who was apprehensive. She loved this trip saying it was the best part of her holiday. The activities are suitable for a wide age range and ability. This experience is provided by good honest people who care about you, their horses and the environment. It is hard to pick out an individual event that stood out during the four days because being with people you like and who care in an magnificent national park doing something which is great fun speaks for itself. Well done Jeff and the guys. We will be back. Mark, Deborah and Pauline 2012

Visited August 2012
4 Thank Mark T
Buffalo, NY USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Well Done!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

There is not a lot I can say that hasn't been said in previous reviews, The whole experience; the historical perspective, the views, the food, the horseback riding, the entertainment, the staff, the management, everything was WELL DONE. It's hard to argue with 38 years of experience.
The two things that impressed me the most were; One, the affect this experience had on the guests. It can be very "Life changing." It can humble the overconfident as well as instill self-confidence in the insecure. It will change most for the better. The second thing that impressed me was the management and staff. Jeff is a true cowboy, he demonstrates every good quality you would expect to see in a cowboy. He is professional, curtious, talented, hardworking and just an absolute nice person. Both his family and his staff respect and admire him. The young men and women that he employs demonstrate knowledge, skills and work ethics far beyond their youth. His children display significantly the type of "family values" that most Americians could only hope to see in youth today. It was truly a pleasure to be part of this group for a short time.
If but once in your life you would like to experience the "Old West", this is a great and fun oppurtunity. As a bonus you may get a renewed confidence in today's youth, as well as becoming a better person yourself.
My hat is off to Jeff and his staff, Well Done!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bearnik
Batavia, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing trip in the Tetons!”
Reviewed 21 July 2012

The Teton Wagon Train & Horse Adventure came highly recommended by a friend. It exceeded my expectations. Relaxing, beautiful scenery, delicious food, and more made the trip one to remember. The crew created a "family" feeling and by the end of the trip, tears were shed by guests and crew alike as departure time rolled around. Watching my Granddaughter's face beam as she worked with the wranglers and horses each day was priceless. Highly recommend for all ages!

Visited June 2012
4 Thank Doris F
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Adventure”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I really enjoyed my time there. The wranglers let me help with the horses every morning at 6:00a.m (Mountain Time). Everyone there was really friendly. My favorite wranglers were: Jeff, the boss, Tiffany, one of the cooks, Phillip, one of the horse caretakers, and Treven, one of Jeff's sons. I would suggest going on the 2nd week, when its not too cold, not too crowded, and the restroom facilities aren't too stinky. I would recommend this to anyone I meet.

Visited June 2012