“Clean Rooms - Excellent Value”
Review of Golden Eagle Inn

Golden Eagle Inn
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We enjoyed staying at this family owned & run motel. The rooms were large and clean. This is a no-frills motel and is very affordable for a tourist town like Jackson. It is very conveniently located and within an easy walk to the town square and shops. The owners were very friendly and helpful. Bottom line: We found this to be an excellent value and we would gladly stay at the Golden Eagle inn on our next trip Jackson.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Johnny-from-VA

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Golden Eagle Inn is a family owned operation who work hard to please their guests. They have comfortable, clean and affordable rooms for families of all sizes. The hotel doesn't offer a continental breakfast however, with a short stroll you are near the cutest restaurants that offer a variety of foods. Jackson, is a resort town and instead of spending a fortune on a room you can experience so much more for your money! The staff is always welcoming and the office always smells of fresh flowers.

- Kayla

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kayla W
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I made a reservation for which I had to pay for in advance. I don't like places that make you pay up front. But, when I canceled the reservation for 2 months in advance I was refunded all but $10. When I made the reservation I was not told this would happen. I'm glad to have found a much nicer and more reasonably priced place to stay without paying up front!

J.J.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jill J
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This is a great motel for a very reasonable price in the Jackson area. It is located just two small blocks away from the town square (where all the shops and restaurants are located). The entire staff was friendly and very helpfull. The towels and sheets were all like new and the softest on our trip. I am a clean freak and this place was definitly up to my high standards. They tripple sheet the beds and make cleanliness a priority. It is an older style motel but the owners said they are always making improvements and you can tell, the place looks great. Best bang for your buck anywhere in Jackson. I am planning to come back here everytime I visit Jackson!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Matt L
Reviewed 26 May 2013

First off, I am a simple person and I don't need expensive things or hotels to please me. If you want expensive and extravagant, this place is not for you. This place was simple, pleasing, and nice. It was quiet and clean and a fair price for little gem of a motel. The owner was nice and helpful. It's two walkable blocks from the town square. My mother complained of her bed being hard, but she and I still slept wonderfully.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Stachawagon
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Clean, comfortable, great location , the room is large and you can back your car up to the door. Towels were like new. There was a downside. This is an older motel and, if you get a bottom room, then you can hear every step of the guest in the room above yours. Bummer, especially, if they go to bed late, or, as in our case, get up at 5:30am. There was no mini-breakfast or coffee but the have a little coffee maker in the room that made really bad tasting coffee. $99 (Sept) Good value for Jackson, WY.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 2nd level.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fdoamerica
Reviewed 13 August 2012

It is not fancy and was selected for being close to town plaza and having the lowest motel price in an area where motels are way overpriced. At the price I paid I got what I expected. Certainly not fancy it was clean and quiet. I had asked for an upstairs room away from the street to avoid noise mentioned by other raters and this seemed to work.The staff were very friendly and helpful. It is very convenient to the downtown plaza, just 2 very-walkable blocks off, and had plenty of parking. I think its location is its best quality. The only issue was that there was no pool open. I had need of a pool as a small boy was to travel with us. I was told the pool was open at initial contact with staff but upon arrival it was closed(luckily for us, our small traveler did not join us). By the looks of it, it had not been open for weeks???? So don't stay if you expect to lounge by the pool. It was not
"lonely" and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street would be quieter...though Broadway was not that busy a street at night an...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family