“nice hotel, rudest desk clerk for check-in ever encountered”

The Lodge at Jackson Hole
Ranked #10 of 41 Hotels in Jackson
Huntsville, Alabama
“nice hotel, rudest desk clerk for check-in ever encountered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

In Jackson Hole for a wedding at one of several hotels reserved for this purpose. Desk clerk very abrupt, telling my wife that pets were not allowed but that he would make an exception for me, not giving directions until the credit card cleared, indicating where the downtown area was relative to the hotel "where your wife could spend your money," etc. Somewhat unexpected in a hotel with a standard room rate of $350+ a night. Hotel itself was nice, but clearly hotel management has some work to do training and supervising their employees. Other guests complained of similar problems on check-in

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Eric611
Stacey B, General Manager at The Lodge at Jackson Hole, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
One of the most dedicated, sincere, hardworking & appreciated members of my front desk team just came into my office holding your review & said "i give up on having any sort of personality whatsoever" and he meant it. Your "quotes" and recollections are not entirely accurate and you certainly confused the agent's sense of humor with rudeness. I do prefer that my staff remain individuals rather than training them to be reception robots reading from a script. I am truly sorry that you took such offense to what, I promise you, was meant to be a light-hearted welcome. Your opinion has very much been taken to heart. 99% of the overwhelming feedback I receive about this agent is positive, so I am going to give him a break on this one. I am glad that you found our Lodge to be nice & hope that you enjoyed Jackson Hole & the wedding that you attended.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Thai first
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We only stayed here one night -- how I wish it had been longer! The hotel is so beautiful, the pool is awesome (to look at, we didn't get to go in tho), the rooms spacious and comfortable. The free breakfast was very good with lots of selections. Our only complaint -- open the pool longer (people are on vacation and busy sightseeing -- I think the pool hours should be 6am-11pm this way you can swim beofre or after your long day of sightseeing!). Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JMSPennsylvania
Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is as advertised on website with wonderful indoor/outdoor pool. Friendly staff and excellent buffet breakfast. One of the top 3 hotels of the 16 we stayed in.

Shuttle bus to Jackson which is an acquired taste.

Please see our review of the Gun Barrel Steak & Game House which is literally only 2 mins round corner on foot!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The photograph of their website is a real representation. I really was relax staying here because it was clean, friendly, right location for us. We stayed two night three days and after eating out first breakfast we did not have to go somewhere else. Their breakfast was fresh had protein, carb, fruits, yogurt. When we checked in the front desk was very helpful in letting us know about the area considering it was out first time visit of the area. It gave us a head start orientation and directions of places and what to do.

Stayed July 2014
familylovestotravel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice pricey hotel but there are a few things you should know.

Breakfast is excellent, staff does a great job but it was always crowded no matter what time we went.

The bathroom is very nice but I would have liked more water pressure. We were on the third floor, maybe that had something to do with it. The rain shower head was a novelty that I only used the first day.

The wifi speed was excellent. We used it a lot in the evenings and it always worked well.

Staff was pleasant and helpful.

They bill you for your entire stay when you make the reservation which I found to be unusual. We travel several times a year and that practice is not normal.

This hotel is in a commercial area. You can walk to restaurants if needed, but if I were to go back I think I would look for a place with some outdoor sitting areas.

The lobby is small and was often filled with large groups of tour bus people. They do not offer to get out of your way when you are trying to get in or out of the building. I realize this is not the fault of the hotel.

The room was clean and spacious, no views to speak of. The pictures on the website make it appear to be in a remote area but this is not the case. The keurig in the room was nice but I did not use it because the coffee provided was too dark for me.
Overall a very good stay if you don't mind the high price tag.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank famllylovestotravel
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

In all my years of travel, I have rarely stayed at such a beautiful, classy property as "The Inn at Jackson Hole". Its location was perfect, just a mile or so from downtown Jackson Hole. The rooms were amazing with huge beds, beautiful decor and a bathroom to die for. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly and we loved the full breakfast we had every morning. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Grand Tetons National Park as this property was very near the park and yet had all the fun and activity of downtown Jackson Hole. Definitely one of the best places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan S
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Our initial reaction was unease when we found the last guest's butter in the fridge. However as our two day stay developed we found the hotel clean and comfortable.

A cooked breakfast each day even though we thought we would only get a continental breakfast.

The hotel is very convenient for Yellowstone National Park