My husband and I spent one night at the Wort Hotel in Jackson before going to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons and then returned to Jackson for three nights at Inn on the Creek. The Wort is a very exclusive hotel where we had a suite. No complaints at all about the Wort (and it was fabulous) but I would recommend Inn on the Creek over it. The Inn has only nine rooms/suites and our room had a large hot tub with a fireplace beside it within the bedroom. (There is also a tub/shower combo in the bathroom.) We happened to arrive at 6 PM which is the wine/beer/cheese hour. It was such a pleasure to mingle with a small group of other guests and compare travel experiences and get/give advice on what to do and where to go, Happy Hour is held in the dining area that makes you feel right at home--like you are in a friend's dining/kitchen area. Breakfast is served there each AM as well with a great variety of breakfast food, including homemade banana bread, egg casserole, fresh fruit, fresh-squeezed OJ (just to mention a few items), along with the traditional choices of yogurt/granola, cereal, English muffins, etc. At breakfast this AM, it was like getting together with the family again. Throughout the day, muffins and fresh-baked cookies were available. Hailey (the owner's daughter and a Georgetown graduate) and her husband Nate were friendly and accommodating. There is a DVD library if you want to watch a movie in your room, The outside area is VERY attractive on all four sides of the inn that is set on a creek. It really is picturesque with the gazebo and other attractive sitting/dining areas they have created. The inn is also located within easy walking distance of the main shopping/restaurant area (2 blocks). If you do stay here, I HIGHLY recommend you make reservations one night at the Bar J Chuckwagon--dinner & the most entertaining show I think I have ever seen. (Food was OK but the show is worth the entire price.) It is located about 10-15 minutes by car from the inn. The singer/musicians (fiddler, banjo player, bass, guitars, and much more) are beyond incredible and their banter is really funny. Trust me, you will be entertained and leave happy. They do not serve alcohol but I understand you can bring your own (although I didn't notice anyone doing so). Make reservations and get there early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serenely situated along Flat Creek, Inn On The Creek is your own private refuge and sanctuary from the outside world. Year round you will experience the charm of the wildlife along the creek that runs behind the Inn, while you are served breakfast in bed. Located three blocks from Jackson Hole Town Square. Read the reviews below to see why the Inn on the Creek is called "Jackson Hole's Most Romantic Inn". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Inn on the Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Inn On The Creek Hotel Jackson
- Inn On The Creek Jackson Hole, Wyoming