“Superb!”

Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Jackson
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Superb!”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

After 40 years of ski trip lodging experiences, the Parkway Inn beats them all. Jacquie, the owner, is the most gracious, warm, engaging innkeeper you will find. She sets standards that exceed any a lodging site could dream of, including her own hours of greeting guests, socializing, taking care of any problems, etc. The "continental" breakfast was plenty for skiing.

1 Thank Herb E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Tokyo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Parkway Inn easily provides the most bang for the buck of any hotel I have ever stayed in, especially in a ski town. This being said, I was told the rates are lower in the winter than in summer but I am sure anyone paying the higher rate in the summer will be very satisfied. This hotel was more comfortable and had more character than hotels I have stayed in at 3 times the price.

The room's amenities and decor were very pleasing and the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. There are thick, fleece-lined robes in the rooms that I become fond of that were great for lounging around the room and wearing to the hot tub building. The internet was reliable and fast. I occasionally heard muffled talk through the door of the adjoining room but I did not find it disturbing. I don't know if anyone was in the rooms above me during the 7 nights I was there but I never heard anyone walking around. There was no road noise at all.

The location of the hotel is a short walk to all of the dining/shopping in Jackson.

The continental breakfast offered more items than any continental breakfast I have had and was served in a nice little dining room. In the afternoons there were cookies, brownies and hot apple cider available.

The hotel has a separate building with two very large, clean hot tubs, a small swimming pool, an adequate fitness room, and a sauna. The hot tubs and sauna were very welcomed after each day of hard skiing.

The hotel staff was very accommodating when I asked to extend my stay a couple of nights and rearranged their booking plan to allow me to stay in the same room.

I booked the hotel through the Jackson Hole reservation system and think I received a better rate than Parkway was advertising on their website.

If this hotel is within your budget, or even a few bucks over your budget, I suggest you stop reviewing other places and book your stay now. From outside I saw several of the other hotels I had reviewed in this price range on Trip Advisor, et al, and they did not appear to be nearly as nice as Parkway and I can't imagine higher priced hotels being more comfortable.

Franklin, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Our stay at The Parkway Inn was wonderful! Jackie, the owner, allowed us to regress back into our childhood by providing us with a warm greeting, hot cider, brownies, and a cozy feeling of being home with mom at the end of each day after playing in the snow. Our comfort was her first and foremost concern. Our rooms were clean, cozy and comfortable. Her staff were friendly and went over and beyond making certain our comfort was their first priority. If you ever have the pleasure of staying at The Parkway Inn, have a cup of cider for me, curl up on the couch in her living room (lobby) and allow yourself some time to listen to some of Jackie's stories of her incredible life in the Rockies. I miss mom, er, I mean Jackie already. Out of our many wonderful experiences of Jackson, Wyoming, staying with Jackie at The Parkway Inn was one of our most memorable. Thank you, Jackie, for our home away from home.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
La mirada
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

The Parkway Inn was a wonderful place to stay. Very close to all the exciting things to do in Jackson Hole. The owner and staff are available, friendly, helpful, accommodating, and wonderful to work with. They truly love what they do and it shows in their hospitality. If I ever get the opportunity to return during the winter I will definitely stay at the Parkway Inn!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lesly F
Largo, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just returned from a ski trip and wanted to highly recommend The Parkway Inn. The owner and staff were very helpful and made us feel at home. Even though it is an "inn" it really had a "bed and breakfast" feel - cozy and homey. Fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, bagels, eggs to start the day, hot cider, cookies, and hot tub to end the day. Very convenient to everything in Jackson, including public transportation. Would definitely stay here again if I have the chance.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just back from a great week in Jackson Hole, skiing and enjoying the town. The Parkway Inn was a great place to stay with large comfortable rooms, and all the amenities. Lots of hot water, TV, great housekeeping, excellent continental breakfasts, and a mini-fridge. The pool and hot tubs were a big hit for Apres Ski! Walking distance to town square and great restaurants, and close to the town and mountain shuttles. dJackie and her staff made us feel at home for the entire trip, helping with every request.

Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

The Parkway is awesome. Thanks to Jacquie and her staff for making me feel right at home.
Accomodations are perfect. Spacious, clean and comfortable. Daily breakfast was just the right
start to my ski day and a shower with plenty of hot water and a clean comfy bed the perfect way to end it. Located with in walking distance of everything jackson has to offer.