“Best Family Vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jelm
Laramie River Dude Ranch
Reviewed 8 August 2013

This was our first time to a Dude Ranch and we are very beginner riders. Natalie and Brian along with Krista and Bill matched all of us with perfect horses. It was so wonderful to have our son able to be outdoors running with other kids and not asking for any technology! He fell in love with riding and fly fishing. All of the staff is so wonderful. You feel like family by the end of the week.
We will always treasure our memories and look forward to returning!

Room Tip: We stayed in the lodge and really enjoyed being right there.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you're looking for a dude ranch that is comfortable to stay, beautiful, well cared for horses, a warm and friendly staff and great food, look no further....book your trip at the Laramie River Dude Ranch. From the moment we arrived, Natalie and Brian warmly greeted us and gave us a tour of the ranch and oriented us to all of the activities and then walked us to our cabin. We can't say enough about them - you'd never know this was their 'job'. There's the perfect amount of "things to do" or "do nothing at all" and enjoy the incredible scenery. We were thoroughly impressed with horses, the wranglers, riding trails and cleanliness of the entire ranch. Bill, Krista and their boys were a joy to be with and get to know. The 'family-style' meals provided everyone with an opportunity to get to know each other. We saw lots of animals on our rides - from moose, pronghorn, elk and even a bear! Relaxing in the hot tub at night gazing at the beautiful stars was a perfect way to end the evenings. We hope to be back soon! One of the best vacations we've ever had!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Laramie River Ranch is a wonderful experience for riders and non-riders of all experiences and ages. The wranglers are excellent guides and the owner does an excellent job of selecting just the right horse for the rider. Beautiful country! My special needs son had the time of his life! The staff were quite willing to have my son do different things that I wanted to do and he really enjoyed independent time away from mom. All the other guests were very friendly too. The accommodations were great. We definitely want to return again and again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013

There are lots of dude ranches out there, but this is the one you are looking for. With great owners, managers, horses, rides and food, what else could you ask for. My friends and I stayed for a week in June. The staff was just amazing, including Carmel, the ranch dog, that came right to our car with a wonderful, smiling greeting when we got there. The owners, Bill and Krista, the managers, Brian and Natalie, and all the staff and wranglers were just amazing. Their only job was to make us happy and they sure did. The rides were just great, with your choice of walk, walk and trot, and walk, trot and lope. The routes were just wonderful with views that went on for miles and miles. I recommend the overnight camping trip. It is luxury and great fun.
What can I say about the food, except that it was good and plenty of it. The menus are posted every day and if not what you are in the mood for, plenty of alternatives to chose frm.
The rooms in the lodge were just so cute, but may be a little noisy because of the traffic in the lodge. The cabins are just the greatest and offer comfort and privacy. The river flowing by provides a great comforting sound.
There is much wildlife to see on the rides, pronghorns, moose and coyotes.
In the mornings, the horses are gathered up from the pastures and come in over a wooden bridge. It is something to see and hear. A can't miss.
If you are bring kids, there is plenty of babysitting and caregiving provided so you can go take your ride if want. There is also great training by the wranglers if you want your child to learn. Believe me, they are fearless and learn very quick. The horses are amazing and very gentle.
Visiting a dude ranch was on my bucket list. I am so happy that we picked Laramie River Ranch. A wonderful experience. Give them a try.

Room Tip: I prefer the cabins, but the lodge is convenient.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Toni M
Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful vacation at the Laramie River Ranch! It is a small ranch and the staff went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy. My 10 year old daughter takes riding lessons and I felt very comfortable letting her go on loping rides without us (the rest of the family had no experience and stuck to walking and trotting). The kids loved playing with the animals in the petting zoo, playing board games with the other kids, and just having fun with no tv or electronics. We had time to connect as a family and meet so many wonderful people!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My daughters and I spent 4 nights at LRR this month. This was our first trip to a dude ranch and everyone is ready to go back.

The staff is amazing. They are knowledgeable, helpful and very friendly. This includes everyone from guest services to the wranglers.

We stayed in the lodge and the room was very clean and well maintained.

The meals were fabulous - we all joked that this was not the place to go if you are dieting. The staff accommodated meal adjustments as needed with advance notice.

I highly recommend the Laramie River Ranch. The experience was beyond our best expectations.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I visited this awesome ranch in 2012 with one of our daughters, and could hardly wait to RETURN in 2013! On our second trip, another daughter joined us plus her daughter, and a friend. Nothing but the highest praise for yet another fun-filled week of horseback riding, team penning, fly fishing, and just relaxing or exploring around the area. Stayed in a cabin last year and so totally enjoyed watching the horses coming in each day. This year, I stayed in the lodge which was quite pleasant as well as conveniently close to everything. However, I believe hearing the horses clopping across the bridge over the Laramie River wins my vote.

Bill and Krista are exceptional hosts, and Brian and Natalie and all of the staff did such a great job of making our stay a 5-star event. The meals are all served family style so there is the opportunity to really mingle with other guests and staff and to share experiences of the day/week...and some lasting friendships are forged with folks from all across the country as well of some foreign lands.

Alas, a highlight for me this year was when our "Judy Team", including Judy, Rose, Anna, and myself, WON the team penning event! What fun it was to come out on top, with some side-line sage advice from Jeannine (who, by the way, was at the ranch for her 14th year!). Thanks, Jeannine :).

In summary, it was yet another wonderful vacation, and I so look forward to returning next year,and to ride that beautiful black morgan, OWEN.

Wonderful Ranch, beautiful scenery, awesome horses. I shall return!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Been to Laramie River Dude Ranch? Share your experiences!