“Wow! What a setting!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jelm
Woods Landing Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Jelm
Georgia
“Wow! What a setting!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Amazing spot! We had a rustic cabin nestled in the trees overlooking the river. Room was nice size and very clean. We stayed in Cabin 2. Listened to the river and wildlife at night. Only complaint is the bathhouse. It was clean enough, but there is only one men and one women. The toilet and shower are together, so if someone is having a long shower - cross your legs!
The dance hall looked fun and the store was well stocked.

Room Tip: River side!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ampanmangal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Wiota Iowa
Reviewed 9 October 2011

My father and I were looking for a quiet place to enjoy a 10 day fishing trip. After a lot of research, I found the Woods Landing website and was intrigued. I looked as some reviews and realized that this was going to be a quiet place that we could enjoy some fishing and peace.

This was a great place, but be advised...

1. We had no TV in the room--This was perfect for us. I believe that some of the cabins have a TV in them.
2. The country store that is on the property was not open while we were there--This didn't bother us because it gave us an excuse to do some exploring. We went in late May 2011. The country store doesn't open until Memorial Day weekend.
3. NO GAS STATION FOR 30 MILES--This was tricky. Luckily we filled up in Laramie before we got to Jelm.
4. Only one resturant close and no breakfast--This wasn't a real problem for us. Actually I like to eat out a lot when I go on Vacation, but we brought food to cook on the camp fire. The resturant/bar on the site is excellent. Please try their home made green chili, I have never had chili this good before.
5. NO CELL RESECEPTION--They did have free WI-FI, so I was able to chat with my family back at home, but we had to drive 15 miles away to get some cell reseption. This was actually great because I am a buisness man, and tend to be glued to my Blackberry. Also, the place where we could get cell reseption happened to be on a lake where my Dad caught a 20in wild brown trout!! This may not have been the biggest trout that my Dad ever caught, but it was a fish that we will talk about for the rest of our lives.

Great memories and a fabulous time. The people at the resort were very helpfull and courtious.

Room Tip: We wanted a private bathroom. Make sure that if that is a priority that you ask. We wanted to stay...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank Andy E
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 26 September 2011

Stayed this past weekend for the Wyoming-Nebraska football game. Stayed in cabin #2. This was a great deal. Cabin, shower (lots of hot water), heater in the room and amazing scenery. Cabin was right on the river!!! Also a bar, store and restaurant on site. Great value for the money...would recommend to all. Very glad we chose to stay here instead of a hotel for this trip. Only complaint would be that it would be nice if the shower and bathroom area could be separate so that two people could use.

There was a guest cabin next to us that look amazing. Would stay there if I was in town with a small group.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank R S
Colorado
Reviewed 10 May 2011

To call this a resort is a stretch of the imagination.  Camp sites have no shade. The bathhouse is old and has one room for men and one for women.  If someone is showering and you just need the toilet, you have to wait.  Their prices are higher than what their web site states.  They said they have not gotten around to updating it yet.  I will never get around to going back!

• Stayed May 2011
6 Thank KabinKats
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed 20 June 2010

We stayed for 4 days with wonderful people in this quiet resort. The people who are here this summer to work are very nice, polite, and friendly. Excellent fishing at Lake Owen and along the river behind the cabins. We had a wonderful time and did not want to leave. We will deffinitely return soon.
The Smith Family

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Smithfamily2010
Portland
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Woods landing is truly an old fashioned western resort complete with a rustic historic cafe/bar/dancehall. My family and I stayed at the guest house which was cozy, clean and fully equipped. The wood buring stove was especially nice after a day of skiing.

The property is right on the river and is quite beautiful. Also very peaceful. My husband and I lived in Flagstaff, AZ for years before moving to the city. We try to get out of the city and away to the mountains and deserts as much as possible. We loved this place for it's real authentic western setting.

Owners and staff are friendly and accomodating. Lots to explore outdoors, as well as wifi for our teenage daughters ( a big thank you). We will return!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank MAGPortland
Los Angeles
Reviewed 22 December 2007

I spent 10 days in Woods Landing this winter for a writing retreat. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my time there. I had been struggling to finish a screenplay for which I'd been commisioned over the past eight months! Yikes. I went to Woods Landing and completed my draft in 10 days! The majestic surroundings and quiet solitude was indispensible to me. Let me tell you some of the details of my stay there, as I highly recommend this secluded hideaway.

I stayed in the guesthouse, which is a fully furnished three bedroom cabin with a gas range and a beautiful wood burning stove. I spent a lot of time in my cabin, cooking for myself, but occasionally went next door to the Woods Landing Bar and Cafe, for delicious green chile and some much needed human interaction from passing patrons.

It was great. The staff are fun and friendly and I really wouldn't have made my deadline without this trip up into the mountains. Thank you, Woods Landing staff and owners, for a wonderful time!

• Stayed December 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank Brian74

Been to Woods Landing Resort? Share your experiences!